BF2

Barred

Re: BF2

Post by Barred »

Sofar the thread on TBF2 has reached the 4 page mark and growing with a post that one of the contacts on the forum saying that he will bring it up tomorrow if he has the time.

The original thread just asked for the aircraft but a couple of us has taken the discussion forward to include TIR for all situational possibilities not just aircraft. IF there was a way for NP to get in even with a patch then this could open so many possibilities.

I never really got into the BF series as my connection at the time was hopeless let alone very expencive (more than a 2meg DSL is today.) I have spent the weekend getting to grips with the Helos because I love flying rotary wing and my JO squad is moving over to BF2 because over all BF2 is everything JO:E tried to be and failed misurably at. None of the guys in the squad are youngsters and some have expressed an intrest in getting TIR if it was implemented as well as some over at the TBF site. BF2 is screaming out of TIR implementation even though there are a couple of posts from the uninitiated saying that TIR would be an unfair advantage with the same arquments that were used in the early days of IL2.

I to have emailed DICE and am awaiting a responce from them. I would sugest others to do so as well the more they know that it is wanted the more chance they will listen, you never know ;D

[ June 12, 2005, 04:51 PM: Message edited by: Barred ]
Ned

Post by Ned »

can people post email adys or pm me them so i can nudge them too, thanks.
Barred

Post by Barred »

quote:Originally posted by Ned:
can people post email adys or pm me them so i can nudge them too, thanks.info@dice.se is the one I used.
Ned

Post by Ned »

cheers Barred, fired an email at them, going to get all my brothers and friends(even though they don't have TIR to email them. It's got to be done
Barred

Post by Barred »

I have spent the best part of 2 days flying the 3 Helo's and after IL2 and GTR I am naturally scanning all the time but nothing happens.

For an all round battlefield game I find the Helos not bad in thier flight characteristics, some sort of radar would be a godsend

Apart from scanning for targets in the attack helo's coming in for combat insetions with the Blackhawk really do need it for positioning. So deffinatly the more emails the better
Lith1um

Post by Lith1um »

Been flying in BF2 for the past few days.

I have a tir2 and software version 3.13 running in mouse emulation mode.

It's working very well, except for having to hold the bf2 mouselook key when I want to scan around. I just mapped the key to my joystick.

Only other thing I had to do was erase the mouse mapping in primary flight controls for both helo's and planes. Otherwise looking around introduced flight control inputs.

Hopefully the mouselook key limitation will be removed or bypassed one way or another, but Im still using it effectively either way.
Barred

Post by Barred »

That is what I am doing Lithium, it does help alot especially with the BlackHawk's combat landings. I do not fly the jets as there really is not enough room to use them properly, but the helo's I love. It is just a shame that there are so many team killers out there just to get the aircraft.
ENZO

Post by ENZO »

Hi guys could you please provide specific details on how you got mouse emultion working in BF2, also the new trackIR drivers support mouse emulation again (thanks Admins)
Lith1um

Post by Lith1um »

Sure Enzo,

I have my tir 2 running in mouse emulation mode, not enhanced mode.

I have mouse override delay set to 0.

In BF2 options there is a keymap called "free look". (default is left control) The free look key functions in land/sea vehicles and aircraft.

While in a vehicle or aircraft, and with tir running in mouse emulation mode, you can hold down the bf2 free look key and tir will function normaly. I have freelook mapped to a joystick key.

When not in a vehicle, tir 2 functions like your mouse. you can walk around hands free, and with the mouse override set to 0 you can still take immediate control with your mouse.

I normaly use the tir hotkey to enable/disable tir when im playing as infantry, although I do use it when playing as infantry when Im in the mood to do so.

Only other thing I had to do was enter bf2's control options and erase the mouse mapping in primary flight controls for both helo's and planes. Otherwise looking around with tir introduces flight control inputs.

Hope this helps.

Good Luck

P.s.

Im typing this letter looking over at my spankin new copy of BF2. Just installed it prior to answering your post.

Now Im off to go play it for the first time! Muahahahhah!

Oh, same user name in BF2. Lith1um. Give a yell if u see me in game.

(also thanks for the tip abou the new drivers. I didnt even know they were out.)

[ June 21, 2005, 03:17 PM: Message edited by: Lith1um ]
droz

Post by droz »

guess tir3 can't be used...disappointing this game dosen't have support.