How to Increase Game Head Limit

Narlee1

How to Increase Game Head Limit

Post by Narlee1 »

I have TrackIR 4 Pro using vector tracking for FSX. I'd like to turn my Game head farther than the maximum is for my custom profile. I've tried using the Guages View to change the vertical value at the extremes of movement, but that didn't seem to change a thing. I'm trying to look to my right/down to the throttle quadrant and radio stack.

The Heads View suggests that I can look straight down and around backwards, but when I actually try it in the game I can't see what I want to see. I'm sure I haven't exceeded the limits of IR pickup for my real head movement. I can still see all three dots in the Tracking View. Got any ideas what I may be doing wrong? I can attach a screenshot if that's possible.
Narlee1
NaturalPoint - Mike

Re: How to Increase Game Head Limit

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

A screenshot would be great, please make sure to include your profile calibration for review.
Narlee1

Post by Narlee1 »

Sorry Mike, didn't get notified of your reply even though I ticked the "Add this thread to my Watched Topics" checkbox. I took a shot at changing my watched forums and email notification and will see if that works.

The FAQs tell me to upload my images to a site, then provide the URL in my next post. The .png format image is 1.51MB, which is much larger than the suggested size so I'll see if I can find a way to reduce it, then I'll put it on photobucket and let you know when I'm successful. If you know of a way to decrease the size, pls let me know.
N1
N1
Narlee1

Post by Narlee1 »

OK. I got the .png image down to 247kb, but that was the best I could do. The URL is: http://s976.photobucket.com/albums/ae250/granath/

So I think I need to code it as below (if I understand the related FAQ's directions):

If that doesn't produce the desired results, at least the URL will get you to the Web site with a thumbnail displayed. I think I either right-clicked or moused-over the image and selected open link in new window, then clicked on the image and it got big enough to see well.

What I was trying to do was to increase the limits of vertical and horizontal game-head movement so in FSX I could twist my head far enough to see throttle quadrant and radio stack between the pilot's/copilot's seats.

So in the Guages View I increased the values of the three points closest to the ends of the curves limits above the default values. I thought this would allow the game-head to turn further with the same real-head movement I've been making. All three dots show up in this image, so I'm not moving my real-head (with three reflectors) beyond the field of view of the IR pickup. In fact I can make the game-head in the window spin horizontally in both directiions so it's looking directly behind me, and spin it vertically so I can see the back of my head and under my chin.
N1
Last edited by Narlee1 on Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:34 am, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: fixed image link