BF2

Piddy

Re: BF2

Post by Piddy »

Will the next patch have TrackIr support? Anyone heard any rumours?
mmed

Post by mmed »

I believe the silence is the answer to that question
warrenEBB

Post by warrenEBB »

Sorry guys, we will not be in the next BF2 patch.
We have talked with DICE, and are working hard to be officially supported in this game, but as other threads on this site have mentioned, DICE's official stance is that they are focused on fine tuning the gameplay before adding support for revolutionary new input devices like TrackIR
MCPony

Post by MCPony »

Please clarify this for me, I'm new to trackir (in fact ive only just ordered the product and it hasnt arrived yet)

Has someone been able to get TrackIR3 Pro to work with BF2 by using and older version of the software and mouseemulation?

If trackIR can be linked to mouselook does that mean a pilot can still retain control of the aircraft or are the flight controls disabled during looking around
Barred

Post by Barred »

Welcome MCPony, unfortunatly the controls are frozen whilst mouse look is enabled
oaKenfoLd

Post by oaKenfoLd »

Don't fret, though not true 6dof support, by using a version of the software that supports mouse emulation for TrackIR, you can use it in-game.

Here's a video of me shooting down a jet using my TrackIR:
http://www.khaclan.com/clan_downloads/oak.avi
MCPony

Post by MCPony »

What is the LATEST version that will support mouse emulation

IE > 3.13
warrenEBB

Post by warrenEBB »

The TrackIR 4 software includes a Mouse Emulation application.

So to answer your question, mouse emulation is supported in the latest software version, 4.1.027
JJJ

Post by JJJ »

OK i gotta chime in on this. Was just linked from a friend about this product. And instantly was hooked. But disappointed to find out this BS with DICE/bf2 not supporting this.

I'm a big time free looker when flying helicopters. And bf2 sucks in that matter because when you use freelook it freezes your controls of flight, which is really annoying. Now I read on your website under the product discription, that for other games you move the mouse and it disables the trackir. Now thats bad because I flew helicopters with mouse/keyboard. Now if this gets working with bf2, there be a way around this? Having it constantly enabled when flying a helo? If you are following me here. Wouldn't want to have to press and hold free look and move my head around, unless in BF2 they can make freelook not freeze your controls :\

Looking forward to your reply.
Jim

Post by Jim »

Hello:

We will probably be releasing a "tech demo" of BF2, where you will be able to have full 6DOF in the cockpit. The only problem is that the aiming crosshair will not move with the view. This should be a cool demo and kick Dice in the butt so they put in full support. Here is to hoping!