BF2

JJJ

Re: BF2

Post by JJJ »

Jim, thx for the reply. Any comment about any of other stuff I was asking about. Will the trackir free look be always 'enabled' per say, once you get in a chopper in bf2. So we dont have to press the free look button? Thus having the pilot controls freeze, like they do currently. If you are familiar with bf2.

Thanks

oh and when should we expect this 'tech demo'?
Jim

Post by Jim »

Hello:

The Tech Demo will function just like you think it should, you will not lose control of the aircraft and you will be able to look "freely" in full 6DOF. We hope to have this out before Christmas, a little "present" to our users!
MCPony

Post by MCPony »

I was just thinking about suggesting this!

So Natural Point is going to release a modification for BF2 that supports TrackIR?

[ November 11, 2005, 06:25 PM: Message edited by: MCPony ]
dDub

Post by dDub »

Ahhhhh excellent news Jim. I've been looking forward to this for a long time. Actually, it's nearly the reason i bought my TrackIR
Highwayman

Post by Highwayman »

Will the mod work with my dusty (but perfectly good) TIR 2 Pro?

Or am I going to have to hand out some more cash to get it working?
rodom

Post by rodom »

your hardware has to be able to use the latest software... so it will only work with the TIR3 and TIR4.
dDub

Post by dDub »

hrmn, noticed the latest @ EA BF2 community update had this to say quote:We wanted to let you know that we're already hard at work on a post 1.12 update. While we can't go into details about it, yet, rest assured that we're checking the forums, listening to our customer support teams and working hard on the features that YOU'VE asked for. As soon as we can give more concrete details, we will. Just know that we're all 100% into making Battlefield 2 the very best that it can be.Kinda makes me anxious (but if it's just a fix for the in game server browser, i will still be satisfied...)

[ December 01, 2005, 10:15 PM: Message edited by: dDub ]
Stargun

Post by Stargun »

HMMM. The 1.12 patch is already out...

WITHOUT any traces of TrackIR, or at least separating the moulselook from the flight controls!!!

It seems, they spend their time on making Expansion Packs (BF2 SF)?!
Was it really at higher priority than fixing the mouselook and _maybe_ the bugs of the server browser?

Too bad, I already wrote an email to info@dice.se, but din't get any answer.

Is there ANYTHING we can do to help "unlocking" this **** mouselook?!
kdittyr

Post by kdittyr »

Well, if you re-read the post from them they said that they are working on a post 1.12 update. That doesn't really mean anything other than that they are hard at work on the next update. I wouldn't get your hopes up too much with them as they can be slow going. It seems like such an easy thing to add to a game:

Do you use a joystick? Yes or No
Would you like to disable mouselook and have total control of your aircraft while you look around the game world? Yes or No

But, alas, they have not made that inclusion in the game. You can either get mad as hell and not take it anymore, or you can enjoy the game, and embrace it's flaws (like my parents did with me) or you can play another game that actually allows you to do that and then come back to BF2 when you need that up close and personal battle.

I wish there were more games out there that would allow you to jump into an aircraft, or vehicle when you wanted to be in one, and then jump out and hit the dirt with the infantry when you wanted that, as well.

I love flight sims, but they are just lacking that touch of existing outside of the cockpit.

Anyway, I think that Natural Point should maybe put together a team of people who were willing to put in the time to either make a game or a mod for a game that would show off the feature s of the trackir system. I really think that more and more companies would take notice of the system and think about the fact that they, too, should get into the technology. I, for one, would love to work on something like that with you guys. I am a 3d artist/modeler with many years of professional work under my belt. I am sure that there are coders out there who would love to show off their skills.

[ December 08, 2005, 10:27 AM: Message edited by: kdittyr ]
dDub

Post by dDub »

kdittyr about that mod: if you scroll about 3 pages up you'll see they are doing just what you suggested...

quote:Originally posted by NaturalPoint - Jim:
Hello:

We will probably be releasing a "tech demo" of BF2, where you will be able to have full 6DOF in the cockpit. The only problem is that the aiming crosshair will not move with the view. This should be a cool demo and kick Dice in the butt so they put in full support. Here is to hoping!