Trajectorize Hangs

PolyVector

Trajectorize Hangs

Post by PolyVector »

Hello, I've been trying to get a 6-cam setup working properly for weeks now, and I have one problem that I cannot seem to overcome.

When I Trajectorize a pt2, It always hangs with the meter at 100%. I'm forced to eventually press Cancel, and the pt3 file remains in use (sometimes crashing Arena, usually not). This can prevent me from properly saving the project, and leaves me wondering if the data is safe to use.

I've tried trajectorizing on a Windows 7 x64 machine (using 1.7.0 and 1.7.1), and two Windows XP machines (using 1.7.1). I've tried it with countless takes, skeletons, with two different camera arrangements, and with every combination of trajectorize settings I can imagine. The end result is always the same, and it's extraordinarily frustrating.

I'd like to improve my setup with additional cameras/equipment if needed, but I can't justify spending any more when what I have isn't working properly.

Any help would be very much appreciated.
NaturalPoint - Mike

Re: Trajectorize Hangs

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

I can take a look at these if you would like. Please zip the pt2, skeleton, and calibration files and email them to support@naturalpoint.com.
PolyVector

Post by PolyVector »

Thanks. :)
*email sent*
jah71

Post by jah71 »

This is also happening to me. I have newly built a 6 core AMD with 16gb of RAM and a 1gb nVidia card running Windows 7 Pro 64bit.
I'm using the Foundation Pro 12 cam v2 setup. I get exceptional calibration on all cameras, however this trajectorize hang keeps happening. When I try to do "trajectorize all" I have to wait for a long time before it moves to the next one. This leads me to think that it's not actually "stuck" but running very very slow for some reason.

Please note that I had not experienced this problem when I was using arena on a core 2 duo laptop 2.4ghz with 4gb ram with a revision 1 below from the latest.
NaturalPoint - Mike

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

How is the cabling on your camera set up? Also, is the license based on a hardware key or on a camera?
PolyVector

Post by PolyVector »

@ jah71

Let me know if you find any workarounds. I have this problem no matter what the configuration, version of Windows, or version of Arena I test with as well.

Out of curiosity, if you press cancel on a hang, then close Arena, do you sometimes notice an error window that quickly appears/vanishes? I've tried to capture a screenshot of it, but it's a bit to fast for me.