BF2

kdittyr

Re: BF2

Post by kdittyr »

Yes, you are correct. I did read that but wasn't sure that it was by themselves. I figured that they were doing it with EA/Dice.

That is great news. I still think that they should do their own game as they would know how to implement their technology the best.
rodom

Post by rodom »

We are hoping the tech demo will peak their interest enough that they will put it in a patch themselves.

MCPony

Post by MCPony »

Update on release of tech demo?
Piddy

Post by Piddy »

quote:Originally posted by NaturalPoint - Jim:
Hello:

We will probably be releasing a "tech demo" of BF2, where you will be able to have full 6DOF in the cockpit. The only problem is that the aiming crosshair will not move with the view. This should be a cool demo and kick Dice in the butt so they put in full support. Here is to hoping!Hi Jim,

What is meant by "Tech demo"? Is this going to be a small mod to BF2 or will it integrate into the existing game?

Thanks.
kdittyr

Post by kdittyr »

quote:Originally posted by Piddy:
Hi Jim,

What is meant by "Tech demo"? Is this going to be a small mod to BF2 or will it integrate into the existing game?

Thanks.I think that it will probably be a mod instead of full integration (that is unless Dice and EA have jumped on board). The reason I say that is because as of right now BF2 doesn't like it when you modify files and try to play online, that is part of the commitment to secure, hack free gaming. To be honest, I haven't ever really noticed hackers while I play, so I guess it is working.

Anyway, keep up the good work guys.

[ December 15, 2005, 06:28 AM: Message edited by: kdittyr ]
Black-Rose

Post by Black-Rose »

quote:Originally posted by NaturalPoint - Rick:
We are hoping the tech demo will peak their interest enough that they will put it in a patch themselves.

When ??
kdittyr

Post by kdittyr »

quote:Originally posted by NaturalPoint - Jim:
We hope to have this out before Christmas, a little "present" to our users! Does that answer your question?
Bran

Post by Bran »

oh...I missed that little present under the christmas tree

...np, as long as we could find support in the upcoming 1.2 patch
kdittyr

Post by kdittyr »

Or at least an update... That would be nice.
Jim

Post by Jim »

Hello:

Okay, an update it is! We have been delayed in getting out a BF2 mod because of the updates that have been released for the title. We are still working on this and will release when it is ready, sorry we missed Christmas, we tried!