BF2

dDub

Re: BF2

Post by dDub »

While I too bought the Tack IR system with hopes of using it with BF2, I hesitate in calling out the dev team for not producing a demo/patch/version that is TrackIR compatible. As far as i can tell, DICE is not being anywhere near 100% cooperative in this update, nor does it seem that business-wise, NaturalPoint must make this project the highest priority.

We're all anxious, but lets not start complaining about something that is basically being done as a favor for us...

[ January 27, 2006, 09:23 PM: Message edited by: dDub ]
kdittyr

Post by kdittyr »

Well, it's a month and almost a half over the projected "maybe" date. I just thought I would stop by and ask: how's it going? Any news? Please update us on the ongoing developement.

Thanks,
Piddy

Post by Piddy »

Just a guess, but I think since they seem to be affected by the patches, that they are waiting until after the soon-to-be-released patch before releasing this. Just my uninformed opinion.
kdittyr

Post by kdittyr »

Not sure if anyone cares, but the new patch is out (bf2 1.2).

coooooooool
Bran

Post by Bran »

/bump

I contacted DICE via email. I am really curious, what they are going to answer to my requests.
kdittyr

Post by kdittyr »

I would like to know your requests from them (as in what you asked them) it would also be nice to see an answer. I imagine that they are swamped all of the time with requests for things like bunny hopping and other gameplay issues that people end up exploiting that great additions to the game (like tir) get put on the backburner or just plain forgotten.

I do, however, have a question to the developer team for Natural Point:

Is there any info on the on-going development of the proof of technology? I would love an update from you because this really interests me and the many other people who have posted in this thread.

Are you still working on this, or is it vapor-soft now?

kdittyr

[ February 17, 2006, 09:13 AM: Message edited by: kdittyr ]
Piddy

Post by Piddy »

Maybe they will need to wait until the next patch 1.21 is out? Frustrating, isn't it!
kdittyr

Post by kdittyr »

Yep, customer awareness is the most frustrating thing about it. They don't care enough about us as a paid customer to even give us the courtesy of a simple heads up.

I feel like a darn dentist with these guys... just pulling teeth to get a simple answer.

I might be wrong, but how hard is it to say "hey guys, we are getting a hard time from EA with their blah blah blah, so this has delayed the release of the blah blah blah".

Instead we get nothing... and I have already bought my trackir setup so I can't just say that I won't support a company who doesn't support their customer.
Birch

Post by Birch »

We greatly appreciate your interest in support for this title, work is continuing.

If support is released, we will make an official announcement at that time, until then we do not anticipate making additional annoucements while work is still underway.

[ February 21, 2006, 03:37 PM: Message edited by: NaturalPoint - Birch Zimmer ]
Bran

Post by Bran »

EA/Dice will be releasing a new patch for Battlefield2. Version 1.3
This might be the last one before they release their new Battlefield 2142 in fall this year.

Hey Naturalpoint...perhaps the last chance to get support in a great product. Due to the fact that the new Battlefield setting is way in the future...I guess that BF2 will get the status of a long runner. Mechwarrior style isn't everybody's taste...at least not mine.
If Sci-Fi settings then I prefer Star Wars (only)