knecht

Re: BF2

Post by knecht »

You have time till May . Then they are going to release vesion 1.3

I wish you good luck
beans

Post by beans »

ok nice and simple ,i have money and i like to fly in bf2.
As soon as this trackir works for bf2 i will buy it.
and when i tell my mates how good it is they will buy it .

look forward to seeing the update.
MCPony

Post by MCPony »

Can i return my TrackIR?

I bought it for BF2 because of this thread and the promise of support (even in a non-official demo).

Seeing as nothing has happened and its been 4 months since christmas, this project is obviously not a priority.

I would like to return for a full refund, this product has not met the requirements for which it was purchased
kdittyr

Post by kdittyr »

doubt it, they don't care...

but there is a mod that will feature trackir in it. Though I am not sure when it comes out or if it is out, yet.

[ April 12, 2006, 09:27 AM: Message edited by: kdittyr ]
dDub

Post by dDub »

c'mon guys, why complain? since they will be getting no money from a BattleField mod, why would it be high priority for them? sure there is a chance for them to make money from people solely purchasing a TrackIR system, but the end profit with that limited amount of people would not be worth making is high priority.

I am one of those people who bought a TrackIR with BF2 in mind, but i also realize there are other games out there ( and i now have a few ) and didn't buy it simply for BF2. If you would like to return your system, go through the Natural Point support, picking on them in a forum thread will not get you very far.

I say be patient and wait. This is something they are doing on basically extra time... btw, got anymore info on that 3rd party mod? URL?

[ April 19, 2006, 02:15 PM: Message edited by: dDub ]
warrenEBB

Post by warrenEBB »

The mod is Rising Conflicts.
more info here : http://www.risingconflicts.com/
These chaps have been extremely friendly and helpful, but how much they will be able to do with the mod tools available for BF2 is up for debate.

Please rest assured that getting support into BattleField2 is a high priority for us, and that I personally am doing everything I can.

But as mentioned earlier in this thread, there is no news to share, yet.
dDub

Post by dDub »

Appreciate the info and update Warren. If the Rising Conflicts team somehow gets TrackIR working it would be fun to play around with. This makes me realize something - without official support from EA, any 3rd Party "mod' would be unofficial and thus would not gain a player stat points from "Ranked" servers... hope i'm missing something.

ah well, TrackIR in any form in BF2 would be great and i know the [silent] majority appreciate Natural Points efforts to get things going with BF2.

[EDIT]
checked out the Rising Conflicts site and the only TrackIR info i found was a few contests where they gave away a few TrackIR systems. Looked through the forums as well. Any news is good news... *shrug*

[ April 20, 2006, 09:38 PM: Message edited by: dDub ]
Bran

Post by Bran »

All my hopes lie within the final BF2 patch version 1.3.

Then or never.
dDub

Post by dDub »

quote:Originally posted by Bran:
All my hopes lie within the final BF2 patch version 1.3.

Then or never.1.3 is *the* final patch to be released for BF2? hrmn... don't recall ever reading that before...
knecht

Post by knecht »