BF2

dDub

Re: BF2

Post by dDub »

quote:Originally posted by knecht:
http://steven.r4ptiles-world.com/changelist.gif yep... that's the 1.3 update alright.

....?
knecht

Post by knecht »

...and I can't read anything about trackIR.
dDub

Post by dDub »

well, so far there has never been any expectation that there would be official TrackIR support from EA/DICE. earlier in this thread it was said that DICE is very hard to get in touch with regarding TrackIR support - it was up to us to get their attention by demanding support wherever we could.

so all hope is not lost...all we can do is just keep making noise and wait.

[ April 27, 2006, 01:32 PM: Message edited by: dDub ]
Bran

Post by Bran »

Ok...patch 1.3 is out, it seems, that there is no TrackIR support.
As much as we all would like to see support in BF2, let us face reality. BF2 is a no go.

Will I blame natural point for it? NO WAY!
That is a DICE thing...

My reaction will be the following:

I am not going to buy BF2142. Why? 2 reasons:
1.) No TrackIR support in BF2, so probably BF2142 won't have any too.
2.) I hate these future scenarios with mechs and stuff...
warrenEBB

Post by warrenEBB »

I wouldn't give up on support.
we have contacted a few people at DICE, and EA, and they've passed the info on to the game's programmers.

This is a much better scenario than other developers who have flat out refused support.

The problem is : their game is SOOOOO popular that they are under a lot of pressure to do a great many things. We are working on better proposals. Please be patient.

I don't think their developers have actually seen what TrackIR can do, nor do i think they realize how easy it would be to add support.
The issue delaying everything is most likely that they need to decide if they should focus on fixing a bug that thousands are complaining about, adding a vehicle or weapon that thousands will appreciate, or add support for a new game controller with unknown user base.
This is why we suggest contacting the developers directly. Because if enough people pester them, then they'll see this as proof that a great many people want the feature. (on the other hand, we don't want to annoy them, or make them think we're setting them up for a headache).

Personally play the game a lot, and don't think the book is closed on this one yet.
MCPony

Post by MCPony »

Have you flown over there for a face to face?
Highwayman

Post by Highwayman »

Have you got a location for us to visit where we can ask for support, or an address to mail to?

I've tried EA a few times, but they don't have any comments
Bran

Post by Bran »

Well,
I directly contacted DICE via email a while ago.
Untill now....not even a short reply.

But at least I wrote. I have done my duty
Exec01

Post by Exec01 »

Thats great to know...
but the gun sight moves where ever you move your trackIt movement right?
(not your head independent (in game turns with TrackIr) while your gun moves with the mouse right?)

I think thats what most of us are looking for - is to be able to look in one direction while the gun (via the mouse) moves in the other direction. To for example look over your shoulder and around to your sides without turning your whole body... Which should be way faster to just keep a look around so you don't get knifed from behind while shooting off in the other direction....

(anyway thats what I'm waiting for!!!)
Thanks for the info and software!!! :-)
Spatula

Post by Spatula »

Thats not a feature of the game though, where you look the gun points regardless. The planes is where you can look around...not on foot. Besides, in combat you always point the gun where you are looking.

[ June 13, 2006, 02:06 PM: Message edited by: Spatula ]