BF2

dDub

Re: BF2

Post by dDub »

quote:Originally posted by Spatula:
I can't remember if I posted this or not, but I've been playing battlefield 2 with track IR since August of 2005. I just use the version 3 software, set to mouse mode and commense the killing. The game is so easy to configure you can set it up to do whatever you fancy.

I put the software on my webspace if you wanna try it out.

http://webpages.charter.net/mpflanz/Nat ... R_3_13.exeYou're talking about using the Mouse Mode and then assigning a button on the joystick (or wherever) to "FreeLook" which then activates Mouse Mode, right?

This works just fine, but when FreeLook is activated, you loose all control of the vehicle, therefore hindering gameplay. MouseMode permanently enabled, to me, is unplayable.

[ June 13, 2006, 07:08 PM: Message edited by: dDub ]
Spatula

Post by Spatula »

The way I have it setup is where I look, the gun points. My joystick moves forward, back, L & R. When I'm in a vehicle etc. I can look L & R while driving, which means I run into things b/c I'm not watching where I'm driving. In a jet, i can look all around while flying. I don't need to use free look at all, it just does it. I've never played anything track-ir enhanced so I'm probably just not understanding what it is you guys are looking for. I will say though, the mouse mode in the version 4 software is horrid compared to version 3, so it could be that thats messed.

[ June 13, 2006, 09:04 PM: Message edited by: Spatula ]
Spatula

Post by Spatula »

I can't remember if I posted this or not, but I've been playing battlefield 2 with track IR since August of 2005. I just use the version 3 software, set to mouse mode and commense the killing. The game is so easy to configure you can set it up to do whatever you fancy.

I put the software on my webspace if you wanna try it out.

http://webpages.charter.net/mpflanz/Nat ... R_3_13.exe

[ June 13, 2006, 12:49 PM: Message edited by: Spatula ]
MCPony

Post by MCPony »

I've done what you have suggested Spatula, and its worked to some degree, but its still a sh!tload a frigging around ingame and it has hampered my enjoyment.

Personally Id be happy just to play against bots with proper TrackIR implementation (even if its unplayable in multiplayer), just release something like that so I can play.
Bran

Post by Bran »

Someone should point EA/DICE interest to the ArmA TrackIR video. I guess that video can say more than thousand words.
Hopefully they are getting interested and try it with BF2 at last.
John Edmo

Post by John Edmo »

Thanks for the small patch. Thought Natural Point would have brought one out for us to use though. I'll give it a go later after work. Fingers crossed as the Trackir hasn't seen the light of day since I bought it some months back and is gathering lots of dust at the moment.
John Edmo

Post by John Edmo »

Well it's back in it's usual home in it's pack under my bench. It don't bloody work. The dust will just get added to. Very dissapointed cause I only bought the thing to play BF2 with. One day?

I doubt it.

Surprise me and make it happen.
dDub

Post by dDub »

someone released Patch for TrickIR in BF2?

not sure what you're talking about here as it seems a bit out of the blue...
warrenEBB

Post by warrenEBB »

No one has released a patch for trackir to work in BF2.

we will report more when we have more to report.

[ July 18, 2006, 10:06 AM: Message edited by: NaturalPoint-Warren ]
jedimindtriks

Post by jedimindtriks »

but can the trackir still be used in BF2 using mouse mode?

and has anyone tried this and can tell me how well it works? thanks