TrackIR in combat / roleplaying games...

mgabb

TrackIR in combat / roleplaying games...

Post by mgabb »

Hi, after using and enjoying TiR in almost all major flight sims of the last decade, I've really hugely enjoyed as well your device in Arma2 and The Hunter

now I'm playing STALKER-CallOfPripyat, and there I greatly miss it (concerning immersion, I think also than in Metro2033 would have been great to have TiR available in the game...)

is there any possibility that TiR will be a device to be taken into account for those kind of games in the future?

thanks
Seth Steiling

Re: TrackIR in combat / roleplaying games...

Post by Seth Steiling »

Glad to hear that you're getting some good usage out of your TrackIR. :)

I lobbied for us to get into several STALKER titles, but the developers just wouldn't pull the trigger. I think the fit would be fantastic. But, their team is pretty small, and I think that adding another development task just wasn't something they were prepared to do.

The next big shooters in our sights are Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad and Battlefield 3. The developers of both titles have responded positively to the idea of integrating TrackIR, so we are quite hopeful on both fronts.
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
Mike133

Post by Mike133 »

Don't let the Red Orchestra people say no! That would be a perfect fit...that kinda game is right up the alley of your customer base...Battlefield not as much, but hey, you'll sell lots of TiRs to the BF kids!
Ralith

Post by Ralith »

It's really exciting to hear that you're getting positive responses from both of those teams! Don't let up on either, especially Battlefield 3; it'd be a major breakthrough to get into such a mainstream title, and it'd put the truth to their claims of supporting the PC platform, the single place where independent and groundbreaking new hardware peripherals can enter the market. If the Novint Falcon developers were able to get support in Battlefield 2, they have no excuse to turn you guys down for the sequel.