DIRT 3

smygolf

DIRT 3

Post by smygolf »

Will there be support for DIRT 3?

I just bought that game through Steam, and I can't find any way to setup TrackIR.
Seth Steiling

Re: DIRT 3

Post by Seth Steiling »

Yep, TrackIR is supported in DiRT 3. At the moment it uses the DiRT 2 ID, so it will share a profile with that game. That will be upgraded to the proper ID in time. But for now, it should be pretty much plug and play.
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
smygolf

Post by smygolf »

Thanks. I was playing in hood cam mode, and it's not functional in that view mode apparantly. when I switched to cockpit mode it worked fine.
To bad Codemaster have fucked up the FOV in the game though. It's like sitting in the backseat driving :)
NaturalPoint - Mike

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

If the center of the view is too far back when you're in the car, a way to overcome that would be to center your TrackIR while you're sitting farther from the camera, then move closer. I would recommend checking with the developer, though, as it's possible they made the center of view adjustable (as in with FSX).
FoxClubNiner

Post by FoxClubNiner »

I just purchased TrackIR 5. Unfortunately, I did not do enough research. I was unaware that the hood cam was unsupported. This is the view I would like to race in.

Is there a way I can modify it to work?

Who would be the one to email about this to see if it can be implemented in the future? Codemasters or NaturalPoint?
FoxClubNiner

Post by FoxClubNiner »

I haven't received my TrackIR in the mail yet so I don't know how it works but I think I have an idea.

Maybe there is a way to trick the program to think that the hood cam is the in-car cam?
smygolf

Post by smygolf »

Mike, I tried that trick with Center while zoomed out then move closer, but it was still not enough.
Until Conmasters fixes this in a patch, there is a user made fix to the FOV problem, which I found here: DIRT 3 FOV 30
Tealceed

Post by Tealceed »

Did anybody find an opportunity to use trackir in the other camera perspectives too?
I'd love to use it in external view, as well.
FoxClubNiner

Post by FoxClubNiner »

In cockpit view you can only look so far forward before it stops. I assume there is a file somewhere that puts the limitation on this. Find the file and we may be able to tweak it.
cadrake

Post by cadrake »

Does this work with the Steam version of Dirt 3? I ask because when I launch the Steam version of Dirt 3 I do not get the right hand light on my Track IR 5 that indicates a supported title running. Needless to say, there is no indication of the Track IR working in the game.

Thank you,
Chris