TIR 4

longline

TIR 4

Post by longline »

Hi NP Forum!!

I'm having issues with a TrackIR 4 my friend lent me - he has issues with getting it working and isn't so flash with computers!

System: Windows 7 x64 ASRock on P67 Pro3 and i5-2500k

I installed TrackIR 4 software before realising V5 would be more appropriate. I uninstalled V4 and installed V5. I plugged in the Track IR 4 Pro directly to the motherboard. Windows completed installing software. The bottom LED began flashing blue intermittently - 1 per 8 secs. No other response could be found. I searched for an found various instructions involving disconnecting, uninstalling and rebooting. I uninstalled 5, reinstalled 5, booted unplugged, plugged in, installed V4, restarted, plugged in/out etc. The only responses I get now are:

Currently:
The bottom blue light flashes intermittently. When I initially start up or change profile in TrackIR v4 it flashes rapidly for about 1-2 secs after which it will revert to the same.

TIR 4 does not indicate there is a device connected but does show Vector expansion is active.

[img:center]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-blXe ... 0/TIR1.JPG[/img]

TrackIR v5 shows that a TIR4 PRO is connected, with default profile and no title. There is no display of anything on the right. When I press F9 for pause a red light comes on at the top. This is bright and stays on until the button is toggled again. TrackIR 5 being on or off doesn't seem to affect the flashing.

[img:center]https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-8nAr ... 0/TIR2.JPG[/img]

Any help I could get with this would be most appreciated!

Andrew
NaturalPoint - Mike

Re: TIR 4

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

It seems that this device has had a fault. While it is reporting the camera model to the software, and communications have been activated, it is no longer reporting its serial number to the software. If you send the serial number to support@naturalpoint.com I can check its warranty status for you.
longline

Re: TIR 4

Post by longline »

Thanks Mike, email sent