TrackIR5 won't hold its settings

wb5okj

TrackIR5 won't hold its settings

Post by wb5okj »

Good Day,

I have upgraded to TrackIR Final 5.1, but after upgrading TrackIR will not hold its advanced settings, after a computer shutdown. If I reboot the computer, after TrackIR reloads it will be in the default profile rather than the profile that I had previously set. An example, I use Seths Flight Profile but next time TrackIR starts after a shutdown the default profile starts instead of Seths profile. Before upgrading TrackIR would hold its settings after a reboot. Is Version 5.1 Final supposed to act this way?

Thanks in advance,

wb5okj
NaturalPoint - Mike

Re: TrackIR5 won't hold its settings

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

Which version of Windows are you using?
wb5okj

Post by wb5okj »

Should have said that at the start. I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate.

wb5okj
wb5okj

Post by wb5okj »

Does anyone else have the above problem, (if it is a problem), or was Final 5.1.3 designed this way?

wb5okj
NaturalPoint - Mike

It is possible that if TrackIR wasn't installed as an administrator that persistance settings are not working properly due to UAC.

Try uninstalling, re-downloading, then right clicking on the installer and selecting "Run as administrator"
wb5okj

Post by wb5okj »

UAC is not active on this computer, however I did all that was suggested, with also making sure antivirus and maleware programs were shut down. Unfortunately, the problem still persists. I can live with this, its not that big of a problem.

Thanks

wb5okj
NaturalPoint - Mike

Try adjusting the permissions on your TrackIR folder (and all subs) to give full control to your user account, or to the everyone group. Does this solve the issue?
punder

Post by punder »

I'm having the same problem. It's always "Default" and there are no drop-downs available to change profiles for the titles.

Thanks,
Patrick
humgoo

Post by humgoo »

I am having the same problem ever since I upgraded to 5.1 when it was first released.

I have a dual boot system with XP Pro 32x and Win7 Ultimate 64x.

On the XP side, TrackIR will start with Windows and remember its global settings, but it starts with the default profile activated even if I have selected my own profile set as "exclusive". The settings in the Titles Tab do not stay either. I must alt tab out of the game to desktop and re-select my personal profile every time.

On the Win7 side, I have TrackIR installed as an administrator. It will not start with Windows, I must start it manually and it always asks permission to run as administrator. TrackIR doesn't save it's global settings and starts with the default profile. I must reset the global settings and alt tab out to desktop to reset my profile every time.

Other than this minor inconvenience, since upgrading my TrackIR runs magnificently. Otherwise, I would have posted my problem earlier.
NaturalPoint - Mike

Try uninstalling the windows 7 trackir program, then re-downloading but don't install from the downloader. Instead, save it to your desktop, then right click the installer and run that as an administrator.

It would also help to disable UAC (control panel - user accounts - change user account control settings) during the installation.