Hotkey selection problem

Doorman

Hotkey selection problem

Post by Doorman »

First off this is not a problem I have. An online buddy has it. He is trying to select a controller button for centering and pausing. I've talked him though the procedure and it transpires that the 'Hotkey selection' window does not pop up when he clicks on the 'Key' button. We've completely uninstalled TIR5, cleaned the registry and made a clean install.
W7 64bit
TIR driver: 5.1.3 final

Any help would be appreciated as the hair is now getting a bit sparse!
NaturalPoint - Mike

Re: Hotkey selection problem

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

I'd recommend unplugging the camera, uninstalling, cleaning, then ensuring that windows is fully updated, including the Visual C 2005 runtime libraries, Direct X SDK runtimes, and any .net updates as well. Once that is done, disable user account controls, and reboot. Download a new copy of the software and save it to your desktop (do not run from the downloader). Right click on the installer, and select "Run as administrator" (even if your account is an administrator, this makes a difference). Then continue the installation as normal.

If it still does not work, we will need to examine his system configuration a bit more.
Doorman

Post by Doorman »

Thanks Mike, we'll give it a go. It apparently did work just fine. I'll ask him what happened to trigger this.
Doorman

Post by Doorman »

Hmmm, he did all of that and the window popped up a couple of times then gave up the ghost. I asked him "at what point did it go wrong?" He said right after installing RealEnvironmentXtreme. I told him to do a system restore to a time prior to REX. No change.
Oh, and he changed the USB port as well.
Head scratcher.
NaturalPoint - Mike

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

Would it be possible to test the device on another computer?
Doorman

Post by Doorman »

We've got to the point where he's going to wait a week for his new PC, so a clean start.
I'll let you know how it goes.