Track Clip P v5 works in 5.1.3 software but not in FSX

MsThang

Track Clip P v5 works in 5.1.3 software but not in FSX

Post by MsThang »

I just bought a new computer running Windows 7 Pro 64 bit operating system. I have a solid state hard drive (250 GB), a GTX 580 GPU, 6 core processor 3.2 ghz. I installed the latest software for my Track Clip Pro - version 5 with the 5.1.3 edition.

When I run the Natural Point software my device works perfectly. Both green lights come on. The problem is my Track Clip Pro v5 does not work in FSX. My antivirus software is the Earthlink Protection Control Center. Please help, I am totally out of ideas to try.
NaturalPoint - Mike

Re: Track Clip P v5 works in 5.1.3 software but not in FSX

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

Hello -

It is quite possible that the issue is related to your anti-virus or your firewall. The connection between TrackIR and FSX is done with networking protocols, and can sometimes be interrupted by these things.

Try running it with your AV/Firewall (including windows firewall) disabled and see if it works. Note, for security reasons, I would strongly advise disconnecting your computer from the internet before disabling any security measures.

If it works with AV and Firewall disabled, you can add exceptions for the programs to allow them to run properly.

Additionally, one should note that TrackIR will only work appropriately in FSX: Service Pack 1 or higher. Please ensure that you have all available updates to FSX.