Ghost Recon / Americas Army / Operation Flashpoint

SpaceJazz

Ghost Recon / Americas Army / Operation Flashpoint

Post by SpaceJazz »

Hi there!

I wonder cause there are not really much fps games out there, that support 6 DOF.

What�s the problem? Is it to new? Licences?

I think it would be great to move more realistic in FPS combat simulators. You can move your head, sneak around corners and other nice things. Games like Americas Army, Ghost Recon or Operation Flashpoint would be more realistic.

In OPF you�re not only able to using your weapons, you�re also able to using tanks, ships, planes and even helicopters.

Think about a sniper, that is hinding in the high gras, moving only its head smoothly to check out the soroundings. The Weaon or Crosshair is completly controlled by mouse movement. So you�re able to get a better overview and a better feeling what�s going on around you.

What about the big Counterstrike community? This guys are allways developing the engine to the limits.Think about combat situations, the player is able to "rush" through a dangerous situation, with full control of amining, body position and even more.

The normal mouse or keyboard player is using a really stupid modell of gameplay, that is not realistic. It�s like some kind of "Flash Gorden" or "Forbitten Planet" Robot movement. This type of movement is not really natural and allways inferior of a 6DOF similated body movement.

If there is a threatment, you can cower fast, move your head/body in a corner, check the situation - while a keyboard or mouse player is standing there like a "sitting duck".

Okay, I hope there will be more development on FPS Combat Simulators. I think flight simulators are not really the potential of the 6DOF�s - so go for it!

Yours,

SpaceJazz

[ March 02, 2005, 01:17 AM: Message edited by: SpaceJazz ]
awz10

Re: Ghost Recon / Americas Army / Operation Flashpoint

Post by awz10 »

Pretty much been covered. Check out the post titled 'Halflife2'. Everyone has some great ideas about this, we are just waiting for feedback from the higher powers. It will be awesome!!!
warrenEBB

Post by warrenEBB »

we'll definitely be stopping by their booth at E3...
all i can say about OFP2 for now.
Iceman007

Post by Iceman007 »

Now that Operation Flash Point 2 has been announced by BIS and will be shown at E3 this year, would it be possible if the crew at natural point payed a visit to them and make sure OFP2 supports TrackIr?

popabawa

Post by popabawa »

quote:Originally posted by NaturalPoint-Warren:
we'll definitely be stopping by their booth at E3...
all i can say about OFP2 for now.Warren, good luck with that!

I was really dubious originally about buying a TrackIR but when I sat down to play GTR last night I thought I'd try it WITHOUT my track cap on (after 3 weeks + of solely playing with it) to see how it felt. IT WAS SO FRUSTRATING! I lasted just past the 1st chicane at Monza before heading off to find my cap!

The point I'm finally getting around to is that I'd consider buying a game JUST BECAUSE it had TrackIR support.

Heck, I've even considered trying a flight sim (which don't interest me in the slightest) to see how the TrackIR performs.

So if we see some support in FPS/Stealth games I'll be in heaven!

Really guys, you have such a great product, I hope it gets the attention it deserves

(But if it only goes into GT Legends and GTR2 that'll be enough for me! Haha!)

Iain.
Iceman007

Post by Iceman007 »

Marek Spanel Interview
http://www.pcgameworld.com/article.php/id/303/
Marek is the Executive Producer of Bohemia Interactive.

Interesting:
Q.
The current methods of controlling games such as gamepads, keyboards, mice etc, are not particularly conducive to maintaining the illusion of immersion. How do you foresee games being controlled in the future?
A.
I myself feel quite immersed by keyboard/mouse or gamepad and it seems to me very intuitive to use. But adding voice recognition is one possible way to greatly enhance both immersion and ease of use. I also can see a good use for head tracking, finger tracking and maybe one day full body tracking similar to what�s currently done in motion capture studios. I think there are already many different and promising applications using similar techniques and I hope it will only get better in the future.

At least he knows about a head tracking device
oiler

Post by oiler »

i hope to see trackir working soon as possible in ofp1.
Iceman007

Post by Iceman007 »

quote:Originally posted by oiler:
i hope to see trackir working soon as possible in ofp1.That would be totally sweet, im a fan of ofp1 since the demo days but i doubt they will release another patch for ofp1 .

I will bel happy if the developers at BIS are informed of TrackIr's tech and its possible implementation in OFP2.
oiler

Post by oiler »

Don't hope in ofp2. It will never be finished :-(. It's sad reality. Maybe is hope for us a new game "Enemy in sight" from czech firm too (illusion softworks). It's look like ofp (rel.date 2006). http://games.tiscali.cz/clanek/screen.asp?id=8720
Iceman007

Post by Iceman007 »

quote:Originally posted by oiler:
Don't hope in ofp2. It will never be finished :-(. It's sad reality. Maybe is hope for us a new game "Enemy in sight" from czech firm too (illusion softworks). It's look like ofp (rel.date 2006). http://games.tiscali.cz/clanek/screen.asp?id=8720FYI OFP2 will be demoed at E3.