Tracking more than 2 persons

Petter Madegård

Tracking more than 2 persons

Post by Petter Madegård »

Dear natural point.
It says in the faqs that the current number of actors that can be tracked simoultanesly are two and that you are working on bringing that number up. Can you say anything about when you are expecting more than two actors to be able to be tracked at the same time with optitrack? I understand that you cant promise anything but maybe give a hint about how far away you think it is?

thank you
Petter
copenhagen
bsteagal

Re: Tracking more than 2 persons

Post by bsteagal »

Peter

I have heard unofficially that 3 actors have been used in a capture volume. (and I believe that was with the V2 USB cameras) I haven't heard anything with the higher resolution ethernet models yet. The back marker is the one that identifies the skeletons in Arena.. (just fyi) so that is the one that needs to be unique...

Bryan
Bryan Steagall
Owner
Kidz Korner Studio
OptiTrack Distributor
Mexico, Central and South America
505-615-2410
bryan@kkstudio.us
www.kkstudio.us
Jim

Re: Tracking more than 2 persons

Post by Jim »

Petter:

I can say that we have used up to 3 actors at the same time, in testing, with an 18 camera S250e setup. There is no hard limit in the Arena software, so you can define as many as you want, and see how it works, but officially, we support 2 actors.

Bryan is right, the back hip (root) marker is the one that defines the skeleton, you need to make that shape unique per actor.