Why no manual on software?

farstar

Why no manual on software?

Post by farstar »

I really need to ask this. Why no manual on all the in's and out's of your Arena software? I hope you are aware at how much this puts your paying customers at a disadvantage from the get go with the opti track system and software that runs it. In return for your lack of a manual your forum is filled with lost soles on what do to. I think your video tutorials that you do have are great but are a far cry on fully explaining the power of your software. if this is your choice then you should make more video tutorial explaining ever aspect of your software. Just a suggeston from one of your paying customers.
Jack
Jim

Re: Why no manual on software?

Post by Jim »

Jack:

Thanks for this post. I think it is very fair to say that Arena needs a manual in order to get the most out of it. The video tutorials are there to get you up and running, but to fully understand all the features, a manual would be the way to go.

The reason we do not have a manual at this time is that Arena developed very quickly, and we kept adding and changing features along the way. We did not think that investing in a manual was the way to go at that time. Videos worked best.

Now, Arena is more mature, and we are starting work on a documentation package along with updates to Arena.

In the mean time, feel free to post or call us with questions.
neill_solow

Post by neill_solow »

Hi Jim,

Manual will help a lot when learning Arena I guess. For example, I don't understand how to use new editing tool - point assignment (last button in editing toolbar). Could you explane please how to use it ?
pamentej

Post by pamentej »

Jim,

Manuals for your plugins would be greatly appreciated also.

Justin
NaturalPoint - Mike

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

Hello -

Manuals for the MotionBuilder and Maya plugins are available on our website, as well as the NatNet SDK. At current, the 3D Studio Max plugin does not have documentation, but it will be coming in time. In the interim, I will attempt to help you as much as possible with any questions you may have (see other post)
farstar

Post by farstar »

What I do not understand is why has natural point not made more video tutorials covering every aspect of it software all ready? They are fast and easy to do and would take less than a week to complete.