TrackIR Center occurs on incorrect button press

Elwin

TrackIR Center occurs on incorrect button press

Post by Elwin »

Hello TrackIR community!

I have bought TrackIR 5 and received it just few days ago. Now after some time spent trying it out, I have still one issue that I was unable to address myself.

While playing DCS A-10C Warthog, in the corresponding profile, I have set TIR Center action to Joystick Button 2 (Joy2). I have also made sure to remove any usage of this joystick button from the game's keybindings.

What I experience is that, while in cockpit, if I click right mouse button, it will trigger the TIR Center action. It doesn't matter whether I click any control or simply click on empty sky.

I suppose it may have something to do with the fact that it's joystick button #2 and right mouse is also button #2.

Any suggestions as to what might be wrong? Meanwhile, I will try to work around this by setting the Center action to a different joystick button, but I hope to resolve this issue so that I can use keybindings the way I'm used to.

Thanks in advance for any hints.
~Elwin
NaturalPoint - Mike

Re: TrackIR Center occurs on incorrect button press

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

When you have it set to joystick button 2, does it center on both right mouse click and joystick 2 or does it just center on right mouse? If you change it to joystick 1, does it center on a left click?
Elwin

Post by Elwin »

It centers on either of them, i.e. when you click right mouse button, it centers. I haven't tried both of them simultaneously, but I think it will center, too.

I will test to map it to Joy1 tomorrow.
Elwin

Post by Elwin »

I can now confirm that with Center mapped to Joy1, it centers on either Joy1 press or mouse left click.
NaturalPoint - Mike

What type of mouse is it?
Robby Clark

Post by Robby Clark »

Hey Elwin and Mike,
I have found this same sort of situation using my Logitech G940 hotas ( throttle quad modified/completely rewired). The joystick button id and throttle quad button id are seen as the same with the Trackir hotkey profiles. In other words in my case, the throttle quad button 4 for "pause" in the Trackir hotkey config, does not differentiate between my button number 4 on my Joystick. If I use button number 4 on the joystick I just need to hit my pause key on the throttle to undo ( not a real big deal ), just thought I'd let you know. It is interesting in that the sims, they will see the id's for each as say throttle button 4= id2 button 4, joystick button 4= id1 button 4.
Hope this helps,
Robby
Elwin

Post by Elwin »

I have Logitech G5 mouse, sorry for inactivity due to being away for holiday.
NaturalPoint - Mike

I think I may have an idea as to what might be causing this, and I hope to be able to test it soon. Hopefully if we can get it identified, we can find the appropriate way to fix it in an upcoming version.
antigoon

Post by antigoon »

Apologies for the bump, but it seems I have the same issue...
Somehow my joystick#5 is recognized as mouse#5. The strange thing is, it used to work fine before...never had this issue before.

Edit: I managed to fix it by programming the hotkeys I wanted (mousebuttons) in another profile. Then opened that profile in notepad and I simply copy-pasted the relevant lines into the original (faulty) profile. Maybe I should've examined the .xml a bit closer to see what the problem was but didn't think about it...but it works anyhow.
Doorman

Post by Doorman »

Add me to the list. Joystick button 1 centres as does left mouse button. Change it to joystick button 2 and the mouse changes to right button. However, change the centring button to joystick 6,7,8 etc. the the mouse plays no part. It's getting on my wick! :)

Maybe if antigoon could take me by the hand and walk me through his fix...

Cheers, Ron

Oh, it's a Microsoft Explorer 3 mouse.