Framerate loss in il2 / TIR4 software not working

Megalax

Framerate loss in il2 / TIR4 software not working

Post by Megalax »

Hi.

I've searched all over Google for an answer to this one but have come up empty.

I had to upgrade to a new motherboard/OS at the beginning of this year and have had this problem now for so long that I'd stopped playing Il2 because of it.

First off - I upgraded my Mobo, CPU, ram and HDD. I kept the video card from my previous XP machine. I am also running Win7 Ultimate.

I have:
Phenom X4 945 3.0Ghz
4Gb RAM
GeForce 7900GTX (out of previous machine)
TIR 4 unit with Track hat clip.

The problem:
I get a huge amount of fps loss when I play Il2 with the TIR v5 software. When playing Il2 without TIR running I get in the vicinity of 100 fps no problem. With TIR running I can only get a nice slideshow of 20 or so fps.

Now, I've read that I should try the V4 software to see if that helps. But, Windows 7 Ultime seems to not like the V4 software. All I get is a task named Track IR in task manager but no window or tray icon. If I click on the exe a second time I get a window, but all it has is a menu. No display, and the camera's blue LED flickers and then nothing.

I've tried mouse emulation with V5 software, didnt work. If I try mouse emulation with the V4 software I get a message saying that the program is "unable to initialize Track IR".

Everything used to work fine on my old XP machine before it died. Also, I tried the V5 software with FSX on this machine, and it works great.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
NaturalPoint - Mike

Re: Framerate loss in il2 / TIR4 software not working

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

I have a test version that may be of help in getting this to work. Contact support@naturalpoint.com and reference this post.