TrackIR 5 / Saitek X52 issue

jsinden

TrackIR 5 / Saitek X52 issue

Post by jsinden »

I have a TrackIR 5 and Saitek X52 joystick (and running Win 7-64 bit)

My issue is that a cannot map a button to the joystick that centers the TrackIR view. For example, if 'F12' is the center command, I'll map that key to a button on the joystick, run TrackIR, and the mapped joystick button will not center the view. Pressing the actual 'F12' key does center it.

I've tried several combinations of center keys and joystick mappings, but cannot get it to work. This also happens in several games (IL2 and DCS:A-10 for example). The head tracking works fine in the game. The mapped key commands for the game work on the X52. But the mapped TrackIR center command on the joystick doesn't affect the tracking (although pressing the actual key does).

Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!
BMoffa

Re: TrackIR 5 / Saitek X52 issue

Post by BMoffa »

Sorry, no suggestions, but I have a TrackIR 4 running the 5.1 software and Win 7-64. I mapped the E button on the throttle side to send F12 to center the TrackIR. It works fine for me. I also play IL-2.

Maybe this will help development pin point the problem.
kentd

Re: TrackIR 5 / Saitek X52 issue

Post by kentd »

Hi,

Sorry, can't give you any solution on the problem but as information I can tell you that it works for me. Running a TrackIR 3 with version 5.1 software on Win7-64 bit. Using a X52 Pro and mapping through Saitek software works both in IL2 46 using Shift (Pinkie) Fire E button and in IL2 COD using Shift (Pinkie) Fire C button.
Just a wild guess, you do not run games through Steam? Long ago, if my memory does not fail me, I saw a post on 1C Company CoD Forum that someone had problems because Steam use F12 by default as a screenshot shortcut.