Different Pitch and Yaw graph for different Z value

Progress81

Different Pitch and Yaw graph for different Z value

Post by Progress81 »

Hello, I have a trackir 5 and I use it mainly with lockon and arma.
After some month of use I found something a bit inconvenient.

When you move head close to the monitor the games zoom.
Now the problem is in zoom condition I want see a small zone with slow and precise movement (so the same head movement did in non zoom condition but with smaller game rotation).
In the actual condition this not append because the "True Head Movement" and "Rotation Speed" of "Pitch" and "Yaw" remain constant for every Z value, so when I zoom a view the Pitch a Yaw movement appear so much quick.

A partial solution, for me, is to make a U shape profile, but this not solve everything.

I think a good feature for solve this problem should be different Yaw and Pitch graph for different Z value; this could be made with a 3D graph instead a 2D graph, with the 3rd dimension is the Z value.

In this way you could make a fine tuning for the Yaw and Pitch in game movement in different zoom condition.

I hope to have explained in a clear way what I mean...my english is not the best.
Charvel

Re: Different Pitch and Yaw graph for different Z value

Post by Charvel »

Not sure a 3D graph is necessary and may be a bit difficult to implement while potentially confusing users. However, I think it would be a great idea to have a "Q" value available that will attenuate the pitch/yaw axes or perhaps better yet increase the precision value the farther into the Z axis you go.

Great idea!