Preparing to use TrackIR 5 and 3D Cockpit ?

ridge57

Preparing to use TrackIR 5 and 3D Cockpit ?

Post by ridge57 »

Using FSX in windows XP with CH Pro Yoke and Pedals. I'm trying to use 3D virtual cockpit exclusively rather than 2D in preparation for my next major add-od, TrackIR 5.

My problem is making adjustments for Autopilot altitude, vertical rate of climb or descent, Heading and Airspeed. When I pan over and zoom in to adjust the altitude, heading and airspeed and place the mouse on the plus or minus bug, the mouse moves off of the bug when the aircraft starts to respond.

I'm thinking the easiest way to correct this problem is to program some buttons on my CH Yoke and make the adjustments without having to pan and zoom.

I've managed to program buttons on the CH Yoke for increase and decrease .I've also figured out how to assign the CH Yoke buttons to select Autopilot Altitude and Autopilot Heading Bug changes.

There is a keyboard shortcut for Autopilot Airspeed Bug Select (Ctrl+Shift+R) but when I go into Options > Controls > Buttons/Keys, I cannot find this listed. My question is, how do I program a button on my CH Yoke for a shortcut that exists but isn't listed. The same holds true for Autopilot Altitude Rate of Decent/Climb.

Some of the options I'm looking into include, FSUIPC, CH Control Manager and Roger Dodger Avaition Keyboard Mods. Does anyone have any experience with any of these as far as what I'm trying to accomplish ?

Thanks, Lee
mbmorgan

Re: Preparing to use TrackIR 5 and 3D Cockpit ?

Post by mbmorgan »

[quote=Ridge57]Using FSX in windows XP with CH Pro Yoke and Pedals. I'm trying to use 3D virtual cockpit exclusively rather than 2D in preparation for my next major add-od, TrackIR 5.

My problem is making adjustments for Autopilot altitude, vertical rate of climb or descent, Heading and Airspeed. When I pan over and zoom in to adjust the altitude, heading and airspeed and place the mouse on the plus or minus bug, the mouse moves off of the bug when the aircraft starts to respond.

I'm thinking the easiest way to correct this problem is to program some buttons on my CH Yoke and make the adjustments without having to pan and zoom.

I've managed to program buttons on the CH Yoke for increase and decrease .I've also figured out how to assign the CH Yoke buttons to select Autopilot Altitude and Autopilot Heading Bug changes.

There is a keyboard shortcut for Autopilot Airspeed Bug Select (Ctrl+Shift+R) but when I go into Options > Controls > Buttons/Keys, I cannot find this listed. My question is, how do I program a button on my CH Yoke for a shortcut that exists but isn't listed. The same holds true for Autopilot Altitude Rate of Decent/Climb.

Some of the options I'm looking into include, FSUIPC, CH Control Manager and Roger Dodger Avaition Keyboard Mods. Does anyone have any experience with any of these as far as what I'm trying to accomplish ?

Thanks, Lee [/quote]

The registered version of FSUIPC will allow you to do exactly what you need. I've used it for years, the price is right, and once you begin to use it to its true potential, you'll wonder why you ever hesitated (and no, I have no connection to its author ... other than as a very happy customer).

Good luck,
Mike