Prepar3d and trackir

muxmuni

Prepar3d and trackir

Post by muxmuni »

I test now the new simulator from Lockeed Martin. But the trackir is not working with Praper3d.

I have installed the software Trackir 5 and 4 with the last update but i have no chance.

The both software can not detecting Prepar3d.

Please help-me ?

But trackir work good with FSX or FS2004. My os is Win7 64bits Ultimate.
Seth Steiling

Re: Prepar3d and trackir

Post by Seth Steiling »

Hi muxmuni,

TrackIR support for Prepar3d is being integrated slightly differently than most titles, so we currently only have a special beta build. Official public support will become available in TrackIR version 5.1. In the meantime, check your PM inbox for a link to the beta version.
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
eviljonbob

Post by eviljonbob »

Hi,

I have a Track IR 4 and tried the latest 5.1 beta 3 release software with Lockheed Martin Prepar3D. Unfortunately it does not appear to work. When I load up the application, it does not find the title. I have FSX loaded on the same system and when I launch it, it does find the title, however does not work with the game. I was wondering if it is a configuration issue that I can try to troubleshoot, or is it a function of the beta? Thanks in advance.

EJB
ftl818

Post by ftl818 »

Hi,

I do have a similar problem. Yesterday I installed Prepar3D succesfully but TrackIR does not detect the program. It does however work perfectly in FS9 and FSX and other programs.
Reinstalling TrackIR and 64bit drivers did not help.

Is there a way to manually adjust settings to enable TIR to detect Prepar3d?

PC specs:

TrackIR 4 with software 5.1.300 (should support Prepar3D)
Windows 7 home premium 64 bit, Intel(R)Core(TM)2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.40 GHz, 4 Gb RAM

Thanks,

Paul
Mango

Post by Mango »

Hello,

since P3D v1.2 was just released and we have many forum members which subscribe, it would be great to have TrackIR support by now.

Any info available when it will be added ?

Best Regards
Heiko
Virtualwombat

Post by Virtualwombat »

I also wish for TrackIR in Prepar3D. This platform could really take off as a replacement for FSX now that V1.2 is out. But without TrackIR most people won't make the switch.

Cheers,

Noel.
jp_mes

Post by jp_mes »

Hello,
I have the same request as the two previous posters concerning Prepar3D.

Best regards
Jean-Paul
eviljonbob

Post by eviljonbob »

Yes please. We need TrackIR support for P3D!!!!
Seth Steiling

Post by Seth Steiling »

Hi all,

At the moment, there is extra developmental support required to implement TrackIR in Prepar3D that both Lockheed Martin and NaturalPoint aren't able to tackle. I'm not sure when this status will change. It's unfortunate, but it's a byproduct of the Simconnect interface method that the FSX team employed, which was a brittle pathway that is inhibiting integration now that the code base has transitioned to Prepar3D.
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
Seth Steiling

Post by Seth Steiling »

And regarding a replacement for FSX--we are eagerly awaiting Microsoft Flight. :)
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack