how to importing model to arena ?

Hunter_Jonny

how to importing model to arena ?

Post by Hunter_Jonny »

looking how to import my char along side the dummy inside the arena program like in this video.

[video:youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XI59FAQvIC4[/video]
NaturalPoint - Mike

Re: how to importing model to arena ?

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

This video was made with a very early build of Arena, using a feature that was put in temporarily for internal use and testing. It is not representative of the featureset in publicly available builds of Arena.
tvining

Post by tvining »

Hadn't seen this video before, but it looks like a Daz character, like I use. I get pretty decent results with Arena, but I can't say I've ever gotten such strict fidelity from Arena to Daz before as I see here, either with the (out of date) Daz plugin or BVH export. It would be great if something closer to this were re-instituted into Arena.
Seth Steiling

Post by Seth Steiling »

We don't have any plans to support importing of characters for rigging and/or retargeting in our software. With many capable tools out there for retargeting, we prefer to focus our efforts on motion capture specifically.

Since there's no actual retargeting going on in this video, the difference in fidelity compared to what you normally see is likely due to differences in system optimization/data quality and/or larger deviations in proportionality between actor and character (this is a biggie). In the case of this video, the actor and character are proportioned very similarly, reducing the need for retargeting. This often isn't the case though.
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack