Trueview problem.

Buzpilot

Trueview problem.

Post by Buzpilot »

I have my head moving it's position ,on 6 dof ,so it's no problem normally.
X,Y,and Z axis moves slightly incremently ,if I i.e move my head from side to side ,only about 45 degree on sides ,and when i focus on centre it usually resets head back to it's origin.
It's special hard to aim in RoF ,but I solved it with disabling trueview.

Windows7 32bit
DDR3 1300
quadcore Q9950
GTX280
Buzpilot

Re: Trueview problem.

Post by Buzpilot »

Edit;
I mean the head inside the trackir program ,it's moving away from it's position ,when shaking my head on only one side ,without looking straight forward .
Looking straight forward again ,seem to reset the software heads position.
Problem is gone when disabling trueview.
molleh

Post by molleh »

Sorry to bump an old-ish thread - I was trying to find the culprit behind the weird "head snap to center" problem I was having, and it did turn out to be the Trueview option.

Is this normal for this option or is there a way to avoid it?
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Is this within the gaming application , or within the TrackIR software as well?

What version of the IR software are you using?
molleh

Post by molleh »

This happens in the software and in games. It doesn't appear to be a problem with tracking my TrackClip Pro, because when I watch the camera view, everything looks normal and the LEDs on the clip track perfectly. But when I switch back to the 3D view, I see the problem described above.

To be more clear, what happens is, when any type of more extreme movement is done (more towards the outer limits of motion, such as peering over the door in the Black Shark for example), when I return my head to "center" the TrackIR position will show off center by a decent amount, then after 1 or 2 seconds, snaps the head back to center like it should be. I should also mention that when testing for this problem, I made 100% certain that the 3 LEDs on the clip never went out of range from the camera.

As the OP mentioned, this makes it difficult in certain games where it will screw up your aim, not to mention it's just disconcerting and annoying. I suppose if your had a high deadzone it might be less noticeable (the "snapping" back to center might be hidden in the deadzones) but I prefer a deadzone-free experience in my flight sims.

As mentioned, turning off trueview eliminates this problem.

edit: Also this is the latest version of the software on the download page, build 6225.

Thanks!
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

It is something we can look into, with a future version of the software.
molleh

Post by molleh »

Thanks Vincent, I hope it is something that can be worked out. TrueView is otherwise a very nice feature.
molleh

Post by molleh »

Bumping an old thread - Vincent (or anyone at NP) - is there any chance this problem could ever be worked out?

There's a utility called EZDok EZCA for MS Flight Sim X which gives the in-game camera alot more functionality. One nice touch is that the creator included his own "TrueView" type of option, one which does not have this problem of being off-center when returning your head to looking straight ahead. The option is called "transform X/Y/Z" for those who have FSX and EZCA.

It would be great if whatever method of transform calculations the creator of EZCA is using could be integrated into the TrackIR software!
Yammo

Post by Yammo »

I think this problem may be caused by float drifting...

The work-around I use to get around this problem is to disable head-translation
for Y & Z, thus only using Yaw/Pitch/Roll + X translation.

This will ensure that your in-game head-position does not drift, while allowing you
to look around your seat in a "natural" way. Unfortunately this means you can not use the
tracker for zooming or raising your head. Though, if you are using a HOTAS system you
should have buttons enough to bind zoom-levels to a buttons, rotators or sliders.