Red Orchestra?

Perk

Red Orchestra?

Post by Perk »

I'm curious if anyone's talked to the Red Orchestra devs about Track IR support in the upcoming Ostfront game.

That's one game where I'd love to be able to look around independent of where my aimpoint is... both as infantry and in the vehicles.

The current tanks, truck, and halftrack already have 3d cockpits (true 3d for the open truck and halftrack... not sure about the tanks other than the commander's cuppola, but wouldn't surprise me). I'm pretty sure additional look around would be feasible with the UT2K4 engine as well, given the ability to move turrets and viewpoint independent of travel direction in the base game.

The Dev's are on actually playing the mod fairly often so the next time I see one, I'll ask if it's feasible... was just curious if anyone from Naturalpoint had talked to them about the possibility.
Bran

Re: Red Orchestra?

Post by Bran »

/bump

The more infos I read and the more screens I see...could be a candidate for TrackIR support.

Looks great!
http://www.redorchestragame.com/index.php?categoryid=5

Key Features
--------------------------------------------------------
Fight intense battles on 13 authentic Eastern Front combat environments

Crew 14 fully realized vehicles with highly detailed exterior and interior models

Choose from 28 authentic infantry weapons

Full 32 player online Multiplayer Support

Unique Setting � the only FPS to focus on the WWII Russian Front

Engage enemy tanks at 800 metres and more with the Simulation-level armored vehicle combat

Fight the full range of combined arms infantry and vehicle combat in detailed environments based on real-world data, from city-centre to deeply rural settings

Realistic bullet and projectile ballistics will make you duck for cover

Coordinate strategies with your team-mates via Voice Over IP

Authentic Immersive Sound FX and 3d Positional Sound System

3d �Iron Sights� and unique 3d scope system
True weapon deployment system including resting rifles on support

Historically accurate artillery system
Distance-based sound system dynamically creates the battle ambiance

Advanced player movement system featuring diving over obstacles and leaning

Custom 8 way animation system for highly realistic player animations
--------------------------------------------------------
Although it will be released (only via STEAM ???) this month, wait not try to contact the developers
http://www.redorchestragame.com/index.php?categoryid=6

I think this game has potential, although I think it hasn't been marketed to well! But we all know GOOD GAMES speak for themselves...in a short period of time (mouth2mouth propaganda...don't know the exact/equivalent term in English)
warrenEBB

Post by warrenEBB »

Cool,
I know we talked to the Red Orchestra guys a lot at last year's GDC. I will followup and see where we stand now.
Strango

Post by Strango »

It will be available in stores in addition to Steam. I played the UT mod quite a bit and will get the full game as well. I'll 2nd the request for TIR support.
Bran

Post by Bran »

Yes...Germany will have a retail version at the end of t June 2006, too. I guess, that providing a retail version will boost the player base at least to 200%.
So, any news on this game adding TrackIR support?
warrenEBB

Post by warrenEBB »

we talked to the developers, and they wanted to see if Epic could add support directly into the Unreal Engine. but this hasn't yet come together.

i'll certainly say more when there is more to say.