TrackIR Support - List of Requested Games

warrenEBB

TrackIR Support - List of Requested Games

Post by warrenEBB »

Here is a thread to keep track of all the games that have been suggested and requested (for TrackIR Enhancement).

Please feel free to briefly explain why you want the game, and include any relevant links (pictures, developers, reviews, etc.).

note :: As this thread grows, I will edit this initial post to list them (so it will be easy to see if your game has already been suggested), and remove those games which do receive TrackIR support.

----First Person----
BattleField 2 (at least in vehicles)
Bioshock
Call of Duty 4
Counter Strike
Crysis
Dark Messiah
Half Life 2
Halo PC
Halo 2 PC
Operation Flashpoint 2
Quake Wars : Enemy Territory
Rainbow Six Vegas 2
Red Orchestra
SWAT 4

----FLIGHT----
Jane's Fighter Anthology
Jane's USAF
[s]Space Shuttle Mission 2008[/s] (in!)
X-wing Alliance

----RACING----
Grand Theft Auto 3 : San Andreas
[s]iRacing[/s] (in!)
MotoGP 3: Ultimate Racing Technology
Super Bike 2001 (very old)

----OTHER SIM----
Silent Hunter 3

---RTS---
Black and White 2
Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars
Supreme Commander
World in Conflict

----Third Person / MMO----
Dungeon and Dragons Online
Everquest 2
Oblivion
World of Warcraft
Darkfall Online
piln

Re: TrackIR Support - List of Requested Games

Post by piln »

Nice one Warren
I would like to add my support for:

Op Flash 2
Armed Assault
SWAT 4
Half Life 2

I'll be overjoyed if any of those games get enhanced-mode support. If all of them get it, I'll even do a little dance.

To the list, I'd like to add:

DARK MESSIAH (of might & magic)
Fantastic looking game from a very promising developer, Arkane (they could be 'something like' the next Looking Glass). Oblivion might be attempting the same thing, but this game looks like it might be the first to implement a truly satisfying and effective first-person melee combat system. Check out the early gameplay videos (released last year) and screenshots. I can't wait to play this game, and as well as generally enhancing the game's atmospheric and immersive qualities, TrackIR could be great for keeping tabs on circling foes or other potential threats while you hack at an orc/maintain a spell/train your bow on a patrol route/sneak up for a backstab... The game's hopefully out in May.

BIOSHOCK.
I guess it's a little late to be requesting the Thief, System Shock or Ultima Underworld series? Well, Bioshock is a forthcoming game from System Shock 2/SWAT 4 developer Irrational, and will supposedly be in a similar vein to SS2. I think TrackIR has a lot of potential for horror-themed games (if only I could use it on the Xbox's excellent first-person update of Fatal Frame 2!), and the Irrational folks rarely put a foot wrong - this title is a long way off, and I think it would be great to get TrackIR support in.

And if there's ever another magnificent game in the vein of Deus Ex, please Naturalpoint jump on it from day one!

Well, I guess that'll do for now.

[ March 10, 2006, 06:59 AM: Message edited by: piln ]
bert86

Post by bert86 »

I would also like to add support for half life 2.

I request Halo for pc and also Halo2 pc when released. Halo is already very atmospheric and this would add to it.

On a side not it would be cool to look and aim seperately in an fps.

Thanks.
stevegman

Post by stevegman »

Any update on World Of Warcraft? I would imagine that a game as huge as WoW will be press release worthy for you guys, I am pretty much waiting on more non Sim game support before I purchase as I imagine many other people are...
rhasara

Post by rhasara »

Though it is probably not as practical a request, I'd like to see TrackIR support for DDO (Dungeon and Dragons Online) as well.

The game puts alot of traps where being able to naturally scan your area would be helpful.
oqvist

Post by oqvist »

Testdrive Unlimited what is the status on this game?

www.testdriveunlimited.com Check in those cockpits!!!

Have you been in contact with the developers they are coming with a PC version
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

We are currently working with the game developers for TrackIR support in the game.
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Sometimes, it is a matter of contacting the right people.
oqvist

Post by oqvist »

What are they saying . What are the odds for TrackIR support .

I would assume game developers would be all over getting this supported with all their hard work on the cockpits
warrenEBB

Post by warrenEBB »

Hi guys,
just wanted to chime in here. We aren't planning to talk about the status of support in any of these titles in this thread. This is primarily to keep track of what titles you would like. (DDO, for example, wasn't even on my radar until you mentioned it, Houman).

I am tempted to lay out why we're focused on sims, and how I think the process of obtaining support tends to work for TrackIR in any title - but will wait for a different thread that better suits such thoughts.

So
in this thread, please continue to mention games that you wish you could use your TrackIR in!

[ August 24, 2006, 11:59 AM: Message edited by: NaturalPoint-Warren ]