Optitrack direct show Problem

Apricot

Optitrack direct show Problem

Post by Apricot »

i have an optitrack flex:V100r2 Camera and i have installed the camera SDK software and also the optitrack direct show but when i connect the camera and open the direct show to start recording it gives me a white page nothing is displayed and i tried to open both SDK and Optitrack directshow when i check the box for the camera in the directshow inorder to display me what the camera is capturing it gives me also white window and the picture disappear in the Camera SDK
so please help
thanks
Birch

Re: Optitrack direct show Problem

Post by Birch »

For starters, the DirectShow Filter cannot be used at the same time as other OptiTrack applications (including those based on the Camera SDK). Only one application can talk to cameras at a time.

Next, which video mode (raw greyscale, mjpeg, segment, etc) are you using?

Please also provide information about :
* Any custom settings you might have selected
* Whether the camera is connected to the PC directly, through a generic hub or an OptiHub
* How many cameras are connected to your system
Apricot

Post by Apricot »

thanks for reply
i have got only one camera which is connected directly to my PC and the problem is that i cant recieve any video signal or any image signal from the camera when i check out the box in the camera window so i get only a white window which means that there isnt any video signal and i dont use both programs with each but i tried to use both to see what is going on on the Camera SDK program and when i check the box in the direct show it says "NO FRAME DATA "
" CAMERA DISCONNECTED"
i feel like it does not send any signal i dont know what to do
Thanks
Ahmed Afify
Apricot Studio
Apricot

Post by Apricot »

i have got only one camera which is connected directly to my PC and the problem is that i cant recieve any video signal or any image signal from the camera when i check out the box in the camera window so i get only a white window which means that there isnt any video signal and i dont use both programs with each but i tried to use both to see what is going on on the Camera SDK program and when i check the box in the direct show it says "NO FRAME DATA "
" CAMERA DISCONNECTED"
i feel like it does not send any signal i dont know what to do
Thanks
Ahmed Afify
Apricot Studio
NaturalPoint - Mike

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

Hello -

What operating system are you using? Does the camera appear properly in the device manager?
Raakuna

Post by Raakuna »

Hia,
Im experiencing similar problems. Device manager only detects the camera as undefined Usb- device. Any ideas on how to fix this ?

thanks.
NaturalPoint - Mike

First thing I would recommend is uninstalling the software, then downloading a new copy, saving it to your drive, and reinstalling by right clicking the installer and selecting "run as administrator".

Additionally, try manually installing new drivers for the camera in the device manager, pointing them to the naturalpoint\optitrack\drivers folder.
Raakuna

Post by Raakuna »

Ok, now device seems to be working ok.
But the camera only works on Optitrack Camera SDK's sample viewer app, but not in directshow optishow app or other applications that require normal webcam feed.

Dumb question but,
can I even use Optitrack camera as an ordinary webcam that has IR-capabilities?

Thanks for the help. :)
NaturalPoint - Mike

The directshow filter should work, it's possible it installed incorrectly.

Unplug your camera, and uninstall the OptiShow software.
Download a new copy of the latest version of the software, and save it to your desktop (note: do not run from the downloader).
Right click on the installer, and select "Run as administrator" (even if your account is an administrator) Finish the installation as normal, plug in your camera, and verify that drivers are properly installed via the device manager.
Run the software, and see if it works properly.