Prepar3d and trackir

zahry

Re: Prepar3d and trackir

Post by zahry »

I'm not sure if there is any real reason for excitement about Microsoft Flight - it looks like something more suitable for kids and xbox... I would rather see prepar3d supported
Mischa

Post by Mischa »

As user of TrackIR from the beginning it's so sad to fly with P3D without my beloved cap.

Is there any chance to participate the Beta version?

Thanks,
Michael
Seth Steiling

Post by Seth Steiling »

[quote=Zahry]I'm not sure if there is any real reason for excitement about Microsoft Flight - it looks like something more suitable for kids and xbox... I would rather see prepar3d supported [/quote]
We'll have to wait and see what they actually release, but the screenshots I've seen reflect something that couldn't even be played on a console. While they may scale both gameplay and graphics more broadly to invite a larger audience, I suspect they'll still honor the sim audience as well--kind of like sim vs. arcade modes of DCS titles.

In either case, Prepar3D support and Microsoft Flight support are not mutually exclusive.
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
Seth Steiling

Post by Seth Steiling »

[quote=Mischa]As user of TrackIR from the beginning it's so sad to fly with P3D without my beloved cap.

Is there any chance to participate the Beta version?

Thanks,
Michael

[/quote]
We are currently re-evaluating the Prepar3D situation with Lockheed--no promises though. :)
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
Virtualwombat

Post by Virtualwombat »

I am not. Some devs have indicated that MS Flight will not be what hardcore simmer is looking for and have gone so far as to close their MS Flight forums. But it is difficult to determine whether this attitude is coloured by commercial interests.

Your explanation of the lack of support for Prepar3D is rather vague. How is it that FSX works with TrackIR but Prepar3D does not? Has LM changed the code so much? Or does TrackIR not use Simconnect in FSX at all?

If neither company is willing to support TrackIR in P3D then P3D will be dead before it is born.

Thanks,

Noel.
Mischa

Post by Mischa »

Any update to this topic?

The number of users that want to switch to Prepar3d is still growthing and a lot of them want to use their TrackIr.

Regards
Michael
NaturalPoint - Mike

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

I wish I was able to give you a better answer, however at this time there are still issues with Prepar3d that remain unresolved.

Noel: TrackIR does, infact, use Simconnect. It's just a bit more complex than just plugging in and going, however.
Penzoil3

Post by Penzoil3 »

A vote here for Prepar3D and TrackIR. Please, please, please!
Sue
wckbones

Post by wckbones »

+1

I do hope you can resolve this problem. Looking forward to TrackIR working with P3D. :)
NaturalPoint - Mike

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

My best suggestion would be to let the developers of Prepar3d know that you want them to work on TrackIR support more indepth!