Very bad TIR stutter

alcav55

Very bad TIR stutter

Post by alcav55 »

Hi,

a few weeks ago I posted on this forum asking for help with a problem I have with TIR5 on FS9.Unfortunatly I did not get much in the way of a reply.Perhaps someone could do so this time.

I have a prominent graphics stutter in FS9 only when there is movement within the sim eg. taxying,flying,pushing back etc.

TIR is ok when no movement.

I have tried an uninstall of TIR and replaced it with the earier version,sadly to no avail.

This software cost a fair amount of money and I have been unable to use it as yet!

Regards........... disappointed
Seth Steiling

Re: Very bad TIR stutter

Post by Seth Steiling »

Hi Cavan,

I'm sorry you're having issues! I'll make sure our support team chimes in as soon as they're available.

- Seth
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
NaturalPoint - Mike

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

If you reduce your graphics settings, does the stutter go away?
alcav55

Post by alcav55 »

'fraid not!

I have a dual boot system running FS9 on XP, and FSX on Vista.I have no issues at all with FSX,and I consider FSX to be the lesser of the two from a graphics and processor point of view.I have 3ghz processor and 8gbRam on 32bit system (ram effectively 3.5gb).

I would emphasise that as soon as sim movement stops,all is well.

To try to make it clearer,the stutter is produced as it seems by a random superimpostion of the window that the camera is seeing.I have btw checked the camera for random light problems.

Regards Alan
NaturalPoint - Mike

What type of video card is it specifically?
alcav55

Post by alcav55 »

sorry for the late reply,recently been ill.

Graphics card is Nividea 8800 gt no problem with TIR on my dual booted FSX,so don't see a g/card problem.

Alan
alcav55

Post by alcav55 »

It seems no one is bothered about my problem.I am extremely disappointed with TIR and the support.Waste of over �100 !!

Alan
Seth Steiling

Post by Seth Steiling »

Hi Alan,

Unfortunately, your previous post came in over the weekend, so we were all out of the office. Mike will chime in on your post shortly.

- Seth
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
NaturalPoint - Mike

Out of curiosity, what is preventing you from running FS9 on vista 64? The symptoms sound like the system is struggling to find the resources necessary to render the background images.

Are there any other peripherals (flight sticks, lighting, et. cetera) that are plugged into FS9?
alcav55

Post by alcav55 »

[quote=NaturalPoint - Mike]Out of curiosity, what is preventing you from running FS9 on vista 64? The symptoms sound like the system is struggling to find the resources necessary to render the background images.

Are there any other peripherals (flight sticks, lighting, et. cetera) that are plugged into FS9? [/quote]

Hi....

in a word no!

Fs9 runs ALL other apps fine,so I do not relish the thought of changing it over to Vista without any certainty that a remedy lies therein.

Alan