About SmartNav

This is the place for comments, criticisms and even the occasional compliment related to the SmartNav drivers and profiler. Also the place to discuss and review support issues.
Dougmcneill

About SmartNav

Post by Dougmcneill »

To begin with ...,,
I have the Computer set up in living room and I can use it in another room with a second monitor( which is TV )with cables to it.... I have a USB extension cables for SmartNav
While using my smartnav the USB connection I have makes it stop !
to get it going we have to take out USB cable and plug back in or reboot computer.It a pain as we have to do quit a bit anyone got any advice to problem
NaturalPoint - Mike

Re: About SmartNav

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

Hello -

I would recommend not using extension cables with the SmartNav camera. Unfortunately, these can cause issues with the device functionality.
Dougmcneill

Post by Dougmcneill »

What Is the longest cable Possible I can get or is there a way getting one made . Cheers Doug
NaturalPoint - Mike

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

6' is the longest we recommend, and is what is included with the device. If you wanted to go further, it may be possible with a powered USB hub (one that plugs into the wall for power), however this is not the recommended setup, and due to the wide range of hub power output and function, we can't recommend one or guarantee it will work.