Ive had it!!

snake122

Re: Ive had it!!

Post by snake122 »

quote:Originally posted by Halstead York:
[QUOTE]
FYI, there is a 3rd party keymapping utility written by K2US that will soon have full trackIR Enhanced support, so within the next few weeks you'll have that capability within 2.0.That's good news Halstead. I assume that this is a new version of his first release? The first release suffered the same problems as your keymapping since it don't send keystrokes directly into the keyboard buffer, hence it did not work in the 3D world of many games. Does he plan on adding more sectors like you had in your keymapping layout? The version I tried only had four versus the 17 you had.
Charlie251

Post by Charlie251 »

I love it how some people think a team of 8 people can make the world stop spinning if they wanted too. Being a computer science major, I can really appreciate the work that goes into these kinds of things and understand that. Also, being a small buisness owner, I also understand that you have to have priorities, and you must change then to meet demand and capability and to fit within your resources; or you will fail and your buisness goes kaput. So, get a clue Blitz.

As for my math on the subject of the cougar.... here is my math.

X45: 8 button, 2 scroll wheels (10 bands), 2 8 position POVs, 2 4 position POVs, 3 modes, 2 aux channels.

AUX: Forget about them
POV: 2*8=16 positions (with shift = 32)
POV: 2*4=8 positions (with shift = 16)
Buttons: 1 is shift key. 7 buttons: 14 positions.
3 10 band wheels: 30 positions
3 modes: (14*3)+(32*3)+(16*3)+30(no shift for wheels)= 216 positions
Add the 10 bands you can turn the rudder into, you get 226 positions total that can have commands assigned to them.

There is my math. Now, the most intense profile I have is a Falcon 4 profile, one mode for each flight mode (NAV, AA, AG) and I think I have a total of 110 or so keys assigned there. Alot of shift key action going on. I can hardly remember them all. But, the capability is there. How many total can the cougar do?
BlitzKrieg

Post by BlitzKrieg »

No Charlie YOU get a clue! I would have never bought this unless it had a keymapper to make it compatible with my games. It did have a keymapper but never worked. Now they tell me they have given up. I was deceived and lied too and Idiots like You make it worst. Take your degree and shove it.
Halstead York

Post by Halstead York »

quote:Originally posted by BlitzKrieg:
No Charlie YOU get a clue! I would have never bought this unless it had a keymapper to make it compatible with my games. It did have a keymapper but never worked. Now they tell me they have given up. I was deceived and lied too and Idiots like You make it worst. Take your degree and shove it.Blitz-
Folks are welcome to make comments (both positive and negative) about our hardware and software on this forum. However, I must warn you to keep civil and avoid flaming, (things that you agreed to when you joined the board), or you may be banned from here.

I'm sorry that you feel deceived- this was certainly never the intention of anyone here. If we don't make our customers happy, we're out of business.

I might suggest that you read this thread on SimHQ. There is a keymapping utility which should soon be more powerful than what we did, with trackIR Enhanced support to boot.

[ February 20, 2003, 02:06 AM: Message edited by: Halstead York ]
Charlie251

Post by Charlie251 »

If LOMAC doesnt have support I will fly to Moscow and smack Eagle Dynamics CEO myself.
Halstead York

Post by Halstead York »

this link might answer a few questions:
forums.naturalpoint.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=000059

As far as trackIR Enhanced support goes, what if I told you that we have over 20 games in active development, and we already have support for the most popular flight sim (FS 2002) and 2 most highly anticipated combat sims (IL-2 FB and Lock On)?

Do not underestimate our power, Wahhhhhahahaha!!!!!

[ February 19, 2003, 01:29 PM: Message edited by: Halstead York ]
Hotdognz

Post by Hotdognz »

Feel the force Halstead feel the force

Charlie251

Post by Charlie251 »

Hahaha.

I just heard that NASCAR Heat has implimented a mouse view for TIR use.

Also, every game that will be based on the Warbird III engine will have implimented support as well.

On top of that, many others which I am to lazy to name.
Hotdognz

Post by Hotdognz »

BLITZKRIG I think you need to see you therapist .
snake122

Post by snake122 »

Blitzkrieg,
I know your mad but lashing out at people and insulting them doesn't help your postition. I've found that the Naturalpoint guys really do listen. But they are a small company with limited resources.

Halstead,
Looks like simhq.com is down right now so I can't heck out that thread, but I'm excited that his improved the program! I hope it's what we want in keymapping. If he needs a beta tester, I'm his man!

Charlie,
Ok here's the Cougar math:
"Microstick" programed as 4 way hat and it's button = 5
5x8way hats =40
2x10 bands on scroll wheels (you can actually program more than ten but it's the number you used ) = 20
1x1 man range knob button = 1
1x3 Dogfight switch which can also be used as a mode switch. You can still program functions to it as a mode switch unlke the last version of SGE I had (if this changed in SST let me know) = 3
1x3 Speed brake switch = 3
1x1 Pinkie paddle = 1
1x1 Pinkie button (which also can be a 2x modifier) = 1
1x2 2 detent Trigger = 2
1x1 NWS steering button = 1
1x1 Pickle button = 1
For a total of 78 before the modifiers. Then x6 (3 modes x 2 "aux channels") = 468
Or if you just wanted to use the modifier buttons as only modifier without other functions (like SGE was the last time I used it) 74x6=444
Ant that's not inlcuding the 36 logical flags and spilting up the rudder.
Of course, nobody's gonna use that many, just wanted to show that it's more than the X45 not 1/4 of it

[ February 20, 2003, 10:13 AM: Message edited by: Snake122 ]