Smartnav clicks 1000x

This is the place for comments, criticisms and even the occasional compliment related to the SmartNav drivers and profiler. Also the place to discuss and review support issues.
nsr1

Smartnav clicks 1000x

Post by nsr1 »

I have a Smartnav 4 and when it starts up, the mouse begins to repeatedly click varying left and right for a good 5mins. This happens even when the dwell clicker is off/not open. The mouse will not move while it's clicking - only a regular mouse can move it but it's still clicking, opening everything.
Any ideas why?
NaturalPoint - Mike

Re: Smartnav clicks 1000x

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

I can't say that I've ever heard of this behavior. Have you attempted to uninstall the SmartNav software, reboot, and see if it continues?
nsr1

Post by nsr1 »

Tried that, didn't help. When I unplug it before booting, it doesn't do it but as soon as I plug it in, it starts doing it. Even when my pc wakes up from sleeping, it does it but for not as long, though.
NaturalPoint - Mike

What version of windows, and what version of smartnav software are you using?
nsr1

Post by nsr1 »

Windows 7, ver3.20.037
nsr1

Post by nsr1 »

Any help would be appreciated.
NaturalPoint - Mike

My apologies for the delay, Our support department is closed over the weekends.

Let's try some installation troubleshooting:

Unplug your camera, and uninstall the SmartNav software.
Download a new copy of the latest version of the SmartNav software, and save it to your desktop (note: do not run from the downloader).
Right click on the installer, and select "Run as administrator" (even if your account is an administrator) Finish the installation as normal, plug in your camera, and verify that drivers are properly installed via the device manager.
Run the software, and see if it works properly.
nsr1

Post by nsr1 »

That didn't work. It started doing it as soon as i plugged it in after reinstalling.
NaturalPoint - Mike

Okay, let's move on to the next step:

With the camera plugged in, go to the Smartnav software. Click "Control panel", then select the "clicking" tab. There should be two dropdowns in the ability switch section. Set those dropdowns to "", save, and restart the system. When the system comes back up, check the dropdowns and make sure that they are still on ""
nsr1

Post by nsr1 »

It worked! Thank you so much!
Now, when I boot up, it doesn't track properly. For the first 5mins, I see lines in the Tracking tab in the control panel. It goes from a horizontal gray line to the green dot making it impossible to control the cursor then after 5/10mins, it stops but movement is choppy. After 10/15mins, it's all smooth. This happened even when the clicking problem existed.
Any clue why?