Voice Clicking Software - Not for 64-bit OS

This is the place for comments, criticisms and even the occasional compliment related to the SmartNav drivers and profiler. Also the place to discuss and review support issues.
junkatagirinp

Voice Clicking Software - Not for 64-bit OS

Post by junkatagirinp »

Hello,

I am a bit disappointed to find that the Voice Clicking software from Naturalpoint, the CD-Rom I have just purchased through online, cannot be installed on the 64-bit Windows 7 PC.

Can there be a fix or perhaps an alternate version I can download from somewhere?

Thank you.
NaturalPoint - Mike

Re: Voice Clicking Software - Not for 64-bit OS

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

Hello -

Make sure the disk is in your CD drive
Go to your start menu, then click on �computer�
Right click on your cd drive, and click �open�
Double click the speech folder
Right click �setup.exe� and select properties
Click on the compatibility tab, then check the box labeled �run this program in compatibility mode for:�. Select �Windows XP (Service Pack 3)� from the dropdown.
Click �ok� at the bottom of the window to close.
Double click �setup.exe� to run the installer.
junkatagirinp

Post by junkatagirinp »

Thank you.

Voice click feature installed without a problem.
SystemPerformance

Post by SystemPerformance »

Hello,

I am having this very same problem. I purchased the separate CD for voice clicking. I uninstalled the older non voice version and drivers. The voiceclick CD does not autorun so I opened the folder and ran the autorun.exe which gave me the smartnav software installation window. I installed the new software. Then I clicked on "Install Voice Recognition Software." I get the little hourglass (working) for five seconds, then nothing happens. When I click on "Use Speech Recognition" in the smartnav settings I still get the "Speech Recognition could not be initialized....ensure IBM ViaVoice speech recognition is installed..." error window.

I tried clicking the "run this program in compatability mode for Windows XP SP 3" box and run as administrator, but it does the same thing (hourglass for 5 seconds, then nothing). Is there anything else that I can do? I really need this to work. I am using Windows 7 SP 1 64 bit OS.

Thanks,
Walt
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

Walt,

I am seeing the same problem. I will be trying to tackle the install problem on my laptop tonight to see if I can get it working. I'll let you know what I find out.

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
SystemPerformance

Post by SystemPerformance »

Thanks! I really appreciate it. I'm hoping that voice clicking will be the last piece to my hands free puzzle.
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

SystemPerformance,

Still working on this. I am making progress but haven't gotten it worked out just yet.

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager