TrackIR Support - List of Requested Games

RotCurtSed

Re: TrackIR Support - List of Requested Games

Post by RotCurtSed »

All of the X Universe games - X, X2, and X3. X3 is huge...
+1

Yeah X" is huge and there are lots of things to see

(Warren edited this because giant screenshot was throwing the page out of wack)
image is here: http://img103.imageshack.us/img103/2372 ... 038nr2.jpg
warrenEBB

Post by warrenEBB »

note that we need to have contact with the developers so they can add TrackIR support. We just provide the tools to make it very quick and easy for them, we can't do it without them.

We'd love to get into a RTS like C&C3. but so far i haven't established contact with the developers (EA is a big studio). If anyone is enjoying a smaller studio's RTS entry, please let me know. Our most likely route into RTS game support is to prove the value that TrackIR can bring to the table, with a smaller project - so the bigger devs will take note. (also note that we have several cool ideas on what TrackIR could do in RTS, to get away from "pure simulation immersion" and more into "intuitive improved interface").
VICE

Post by VICE »

How about STALKER, Shadow Of Chernobyl? It was just released recently but I'm sure they could support TiR with a patch, and it would be another selling point to an already Great game.

Also, there is a game called "Left 4 Dead" ( http://www.l4d.com ) currently under testing. It is a Zombie apocolypse survival game, and as you know, with Zombies around, your head had better be on a swivel, or the Zombies will be snacking on your brain in no time.

TIA,
<<< VICE - Over & Out
-----------------------
Lavandel

Post by Lavandel »

Anyone been in contact with the developers of Space Force: Rogue Universe?

If not here's the official website: JoWood Productions .
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Anyone been in contact with the developers of Space Force: Rogue Universe?

If not here's the official website: JoWood Productions .
Will foward on the info to the developer relations team......
warrenEBB

Post by warrenEBB »

Actually Jowood is primarily a publisher (and we don't yet have good contact with them).

Provox is making Spaceforce, and did seem interested in TrackIR last November (contacting us out of the blue). But they've never ackowledged any of my replies. So I'm working to reestablish contact and see what's up. More on this as it develops.
Barred

Post by Barred »

Has anyone thought of Gas Powered games's Supreme Commander as a possible candidate for TIR in a RTS game?
warrenEBB

Post by warrenEBB »

Definitely!
but i haven't been able to establish contact yet.
I'm guessing our best bet to enter the RTS arena (if the world is ready for such a move) will be with a smaller title, which can be shown to the bigger guys.
It is also possible that RTS will present a different paradigm for TrackIR usage (we have several ideas, which i can't discuss openly until we decide how it best serves the product line - and whether it's really a TrackIR exclusive idea.)

If yall hear of any smaller RTS dev(s) looking to differentiate their title, please do let me know.
Cyberjudas

Post by Cyberjudas »

I would like to see Everquest 2. I purchased TrackerIR pro 4 bundle with the Track clip pro and love it. Our guild is starting a forum thread to spark interest in TrackerIR 4 and hopefully the devs will take notice if enough people start talking.
I have however read this post:
WoW and BF2 are actually tough games for us to do anything for, on our end. For example, in WoW we tried to make an app that switched back and forth between mouse look and mouse control, so TrackIR could get in there, but it didn't work out due to how they send data to central servers (there was a frustrating delay in the switchover). Some Blizzard guys actually stopped by our booth at GDC'06 and said they thought the tech very cool, but when i tried to give them devices and talk about support they just weren't remotely interested.

In general, games that are massively multiplayer are only likely to have support if the devs get on board. and both of these games are so huge that supporting new control inputs is a low priority for them. Also, adding anything new that might increase the network traffic (and thus slow down the experience when a bunch of people gather in one place), is a major concern for MMOGs.

We are pursuing though, and will report back when things move forward.

Thanks for one of the truly great controllers for the PC.
JHP

Re: World of Warcraft

Post by JHP »

World of Warcraft is a MUST! 8 Million subscribers.

By offering support for WoW and advertising it you would sell more product than ANY other game.

This is a fact.