TrackIR not being 'seen' in games

shotdown

TrackIR not being 'seen' in games

Post by shotdown »

I have a TrackIR 4 with the track clip pro and I use the TrackIR 5 beta software,Ive just built a new pc my third since I bought my TrackIR a few years ago.
Im using windows 7 ultimate 64bit as I was in my old rig,I installed my games Aces High 2,Rise of Flight,Arma 2,and then installed the TrackIR software and connected the TrackIR.The TrackIR is working perfectly in the software screen, my profiles are there and working fine,the green led on the camera is on but when I start my games (after starting TrackIR)the blue led is not coming on and my TrackIR is not working in any of them.
Ive tried everything I can think of but have run out of ideas,anyone got any idea whats wrong ? :cry:
NaturalPoint - Mike

Re: TrackIR not being 'seen' in games

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

Hello -

Let's try some installation troubleshooting:

Unplug your camera, and uninstall the TrackIR software.
Download a new copy of the latest version of the TrackIR 5 software (not the beta), and save it to your desktop (note: do not run from the downloader).
Right click on the installer, and select "Run as administrator" (even if your account is an administrator) Finish the installation as normal, plug in your camera, and verify that drivers are properly installed via the device manager.
Run the software, and see if it works properly.

TrackIR 5.1.3
shotdown

Post by shotdown »

Hi Mike,
Thanks for the reply,Ive tried your suggestion plus many more related answers that Ive seen on the forums.
My son now has my old pc (O.S. windows 7 ultimate) and the TrackIR still works perfectly on that.I did manage to get it working on mine using the TrackIR4 software running it in windows xp service pack 3 compatibility mode but I much prefer the 5 software and use the trackclip pro.
I have all the latest bios and drivers for my MB (Gigabyte G1 Sniper 2).
I still dont understand the problem,it just doesnt seem to see any games using TrackIR5 software.
NaturalPoint - Mike

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

It's a permissions based issue, primarily. It's caused by minor issues between some versions of Windows 7 and our installer. A new installation method should be included on our next release of TrackIR that will alleviate this issue, however until that comes out it sometimes requires a bit of work to get it to run. If you contact our offices during normal business hours we can attempt to work on the system remotely with you.
shotdown

Post by shotdown »

Hi Mike,
I apologise for the delay in my reply,I have managed to get the 5 software working.This is how I got around the problem.
1)un-install the trackIR software and drivers from device manager
2)connect the TrackIR 4 and let windows 7 detect and download the drivers
3)update the drivers in device manager
4)disconnect the TrackIR 4
5)I then copied the working 5 software on my sons pc to a flash drive
6)copied the TrackIR folder from my flash drive to Program files (X86)
7)connected the TrackIR
Everything is now working but I have also had a lot of trouble with my sound card software that I had not had before so as you suggest it must be something that has changed in windows 7.

Thanks, SD :grin: