record and save timeline data from API

leith

record and save timeline data from API

Post by leith »

I've been missing one really important feature for some time. Is it possible to start a recording, stop it, and save it, from the API? I've never known this to be possible.

Would it be possible to add this feature to a future version?

The reason is:

Tracking Tools potentially does something very important for me. It decouples 3d calibration from 2d data. I can record a wanding session, and save it off as 2d data. I can run a quick calibration off of it, and do my realtime session.

But then later, I can take the same wanding data, and run a much higher quality calibration on it, and apply that calibration to the saved 2d session data. This gets the best possible results later, when the pressure of the "session" is over. It reduces the stakes during the recording session. If someone bumps a camera, I can record another wanding to make sure I can fix the calibration later, but I can keep moving forward with my recording session, knowing that my 2d data is good... even with a bumped camera in the system.

I'd also love to be able to load a recording, and then hit a virtual "play" button to have TT do it's thing. That way, I could load a recording, apply a calibration, and do my own processing. This would effectively allow me to batch process data.

I'd also love for that "play" button to have the option to run "realtime" or "every frame" so that I can tell TT to take its time and process every frame in order, for batch processing.

I really love all the features you've added to the latest beta in the API. Its just this one area that I'm missing terribly. It would be killer for high quality work.

Thanks.

-brad
beckdo

Re: record and save timeline data from API

Post by beckdo »

Hey Brad,

The Tracking Tools API is real-time only currently. Including record & playback has been discussed but up until now it's still just real-time.

Your use pattern suggestion is a good reason to work towards including the record & playback system into the API.