Widows 8 Drivers

bubbdamadaussie

Widows 8 Drivers

Post by bubbdamadaussie »

Hi first time poster and fairly new to Trackir.

I have a question regarding support for Windows 8.

Are NaturalPoint working on updated drivers and or software for windows 8?
The reason I ask is I am running the consumer preview and I would like to install and use my Trackir 5.

Windows 8 will not install the current drivers as they are not digitally signed.

Thanks
fastfed

Re: Widows 8 Drivers

Post by fastfed »

I'm in the same position! What's going on here, Every other device works, except TrackIR..

Any work around to this guys? PLEASE!
bubbdamadaussie

Post by bubbdamadaussie »

I tried for about two hours yesterday to get the driver installed bug until the drivers supplied are digitally signed Windows 8 will not install the hardware.

Urgent action is needed for a solution to this problem.
Platypus65

Post by Platypus65 »

Waiting for a solution as well...
NaturalPoint - Mike

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

Hello -

We are currently working on a solution for TrackIR and SmartNav functionality in Windows 8. The issue has been identified, and it's a matter of fixing, testing, and getting it released.

Please keep in mind, however, that this version of Windows 8 is still just a consumer preview, and Microsoft has not even released RC versions of their software, nor offered an RTM date. It's also worth noting that TrackIR software did work properly in the developer preview released several months ago, but that broke when they created the consumer preview.

While we're making every attempt we can within our power to have TrackIR available during the Windows 8 preview stage, due to the fact that it's essentially still not even a release candidate, things may change and break support here and there. For stability's sake, Windows 7 or earlier would be your best bet.
polecat

Post by polecat »

I am anxious for NP to release a working driver for Windows 8 CP because every other piece of gaming hardware I own is at least working under this new OS and my TIR is not yet.

I already use Windows 7 as my day to day OS and am testing Win 8 CP for hardware compatibility so the suggestion to stay with Windows 7 is really quite beside the point.

Anxiously awaiting the Windows 8 drivers.

Out
NaturalPoint - Mike

Just to update you all, We expect to have a new version of TrackIR software released within the first half of April to address compatibility issues with Windows 8. This target date is not fixed, and is subject to change.
polecat

Post by polecat »

Thank you for the update Mike. I appreciate being kept informed.
Sign of a good company ;-)

Out
NaturalPoint - Mike

Made this topic sticky so people can more easily find it.
Mykodacon

Post by Mykodacon »

Unfortunately I am unable to revert back to Windows 7. Is this something the company is putting a high priority on, or would it be better for me to return the Trackir 5 at this time?