Mechwarrior online!

thygore

Mechwarrior online!

Post by thygore »

Hi, I am not a personal owner of trackir. Yet I just HAD to give you guys a shameless Plug on the game's forums ;)

With the upcoming game Mechwarrior Online and its mention of user-controlled freelook. I figured there was no better way then what I've seen in gaming videos using trackir!. The game is heavy on the simulation side too! hell I would think you 2 were made for each other considering what I seen ppl in WWIIOL do. I know I personally would be interested getting it, if it was supported in MWO ( though would prefer it to go on sale)

here's a video of the game btw. Gotta say its up there with most anticipated online games(considering there hasn't been a mechwarrior game in Decades)

[video:youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbC7w9SN3oE[/video]

hope to see you guys working together!

MWO Heres link to the forum post
NaturalPoint - Mike

Re: Mechwarrior online!

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

I'm happy to say that we have been in contact with Pirahna games, and they have our SDK for integration. Hopefully, they find that TrackIR integration adds that depth and realism that everyone wants from a solid Mechwarrior title.

Though my wife is cheering against it, because she doesn't want me putting a homebrew Tesla II pod in our livingroom.
thygore

Post by thygore »

[quote=NaturalPoint - Mike]I'm happy to say that we have been in contact with Pirahna games, and they have our SDK for integration. Hopefully, they find that TrackIR integration adds that depth and realism that everyone wants from a solid Mechwarrior title.

Though my wife is cheering against it, because she doesn't want me putting a homebrew Tesla II pod in our livingroom. [/quote]

good to know. if she loves you, shell understand why you MUST! lmao. All other games were cute with trackir but this thing....this is what its all come down to for mechfans. the more immersive the better.

still though, does TrackIR ever having things like sales or is price as is all the time?
Essobie

Post by Essobie »

According to PC Gamer's MWO preview, TrackIR support is confirmed!

http://www.pcgamer.com/previews/mechwar ... e-preview/

[quote=article]In terms of the in-cockpit experience, I was glad to see free-look in there, but even happier to see separate crosshairs that independently correspond to where torso-mounted weapons and arm-mounted weapons are pointed. In other words, if I turn to aim at an enemy up on a ridge at my 10 o�clock, I probably wouldn�t rotate my entire body to face them�I�d just aim my arms, and maybe only have access to a few lasers rather than my full loadout. TrackIR support is also confirmed, thank goodness.[/quote]

I loathe most gaming press, so I want to hear it from you guys or directly from MWO devs; Say it is so!
Essobie

Post by Essobie »

Bumping this since we still haven't really heard anything other than that PC Gamer preview. Is this one of those PR things where no one can say anything until marketing says it is "okay to say something"?

It isn't like mech fans are going to NOT play this because it doesn't support TrackIR (I'm certainly playing it either way), but if people are on the fence and only want to play it because it will support TrackIR, I would assume everyone would want to say it will as soon as possible.

All this "stay tuned" stuff makes me think it is never going to happen, no matter what PC Gamer says.
Seth Steiling

Post by Seth Steiling »

It's more a situation where we can't guarantee support, even when a game tells us they'll implement TrackIR. So, we have to wait until release for final confirmation just like everyone else.

- Seth
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
evilc

Post by evilc »

[quote=NaturalPoint - Seth]It's more a situation where we can't guarantee support, even when a game tells us they'll implement TrackIR. So, we have to wait until release for final confirmation just like everyone else.

- Seth [/quote]
Seth - why don't you guys introduce a program whereby you rate the TIR implementation.

As you say, a game can support TIR, but the implementation is so shoddy as to make it pointless. You could basically award companies the right to include a logo on their site / packaging if you deem the implementation to be satisfactory.
AllGamer

Post by AllGamer »

It has been more than a year, and there's only limited support for MWO

I have to use Mouse Emulation mode if i want it to work with the weapon system.
Seth Steiling

Post by Seth Steiling »

It's a bummer. They have the SDK, and we've requested support several times. Nada. Not sure what might be preventing it, but it's usually a matter of freeing up dev resources.
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
Nuclear Weapon

Post by Nuclear Weapon »

Looks like this is going to be implemented on the next patch, although its istill a "mistery"...

http://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/159553 ... vs-vlog-4/

Support for TrackIR is finally comming... I have been waiting for this long enough already.