dwellclicking

Here you can talk about SmartNav and related products and issues not covered by other forums.
pgc

dwellclicking

Post by pgc »

why do you charge $100 for dwell click you can download a dwellclick software off the internet for free
NaturalPoint - Mike

Re: dwellclicking

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

Hello -

Thanks for your interest in SmartNav. The dwell clicking software we provide is integrated with the main SmartNav software so that it works together as a whole system. In addition, technical support for the dwell clicking features are available when it is purchased from us as part of the SmartNav AT package.

You are also welcome to use other dwell clicking software with your SmartNav EG or AT if you prefer, there are numerous free and paid options available on the market.
Franck Dernoncourt

Post by Franck Dernoncourt »

@pgc: what is your favorite free dwell click software? I will compare it with SmartNAV's when I have the time.
Franck Dernoncourt

Mike (any other user is welcome!), out of curiosity:
  • how often do you use dwell clicking?
  • for what kind of tasks (web browsing, composing texts, programming, casual gaming, ...)?
  • what settings do you use?
Thanks,
Franck
NaturalPoint - Mike

Hard to say, really. I don't generally use the SmartNav for gaming (I prefer TrackIR for that), but I could see using dwell for slower paced games. I do know of someone who plays action games with ability switches, though.

I prefer higher speed on the SmartNav with a mid-range delay for click (1 to 1.5 seconds). I generally tighten down the click range to just a few pixels, though on dual monitor systems I have to increase that because of the range.
Franck Dernoncourt

Thanks! I'm also using higher speed on the SmartNav with a mid-range delay for click (ca. 1.1 seconds). At first it was a bit tricky to get used to dwell clicking along with gravity.

Is there any way to bind a key to turn on/off dwell clicking?
NaturalPoint - Mike

Unfortunately, no. It's not a bad suggestion for future releases though, i'll put it out to our developers.
Franck Dernoncourt

Thanks!
A pis aller could be to write a Sikuli script and bind it to a keyboard shortcut.

Please let us know when the feature is implemented.
Franck Dernoncourt

I switched to using http://www.polital.com/pnc/ for dwell clicking: free + can define shortcuts + more options + faster rater of clicks.