Tracking information and video recording

totti0820

Tracking information and video recording

Post by totti0820 »

I m using V120 Trio and tracking tools, I m just wondering whether I can record the grey scale video and the trackable object trajectory simultaneously?

Thank you
Wei
NaturalPoint - Mike

Re: Tracking information and video recording

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

Unfortunately, no. The video is processed on camera, and the image goes through only 1 video mode filter providing either greyscale or marker tracking.
totti0820

Post by totti0820 »

Thank you for your answer :) , Mike,
claudino

Post by claudino »

Mike, can I then have 2 instances of Tracking tools (perhaps in different machines) running simultaneously with different subsets of cameras, one for tracking markers and another to record video? If yes, is there any way to synchronize these 2? Thanks!
NaturalPoint - Mike

I should clarify.

It is not possible for a single camera to track and record grey scale video at the same time. Trios are a system with multiple cameras, the center featuring a filter switcher. It is possible to have the two outside cameras capturing marker data and solving a point cloud while the center camera records grey scale images.

Unfortunately, however, it is not currently possible to export the Grey scale images directly from Tracking Tools. The closest you can come currently is using the API to pull the grey scale stills and then run them through a codec to create a file of your format choice.

Multiple versions of Tracking Tools can have cameras synchronized via eSync, OptiHub, or Tracking Bar I/O-X, however it would require API work to synchronize motion capture frames with reference video. It would likely be simpler to use one instance of Tracking Tools with one or multiple camera groups.
claudino

Post by claudino »

Mike, I know there is no support to events as data in Natnet SDK, but would it be possible to write a client application that, as soon as the user presses play within TrackingTools, the code would access certain cameras (this time through Camera SDK routines) and fetch frames from certain cameras until the user then presses stop?

Thanks again.
NaturalPoint - Mike

Unfortunately no, but you can use the TT api to pull frames in real time and sync the data with your own recording controls.