PlanetSide2

JumpArtist

PlanetSide2

Post by JumpArtist »

Hey Seth was hoping you guys might reach out to the Devs at PlanetSide 2 or SOE.

http://www.soe.com/
or on twitter @mhigby

Lead dev is Matt Higby. Seems like he is a pretty open minded dude.

Hope we can get some movement on this! TY
Seth Steiling

Re: PlanetSide2

Post by Seth Steiling »

I'm on it. And I noticed your contributions on their forums already. Good job. :)
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
JumpArtist

Post by JumpArtist »

I try, I cant believe all the negative nancy's on that forum. I man it was as plain as "I don't know what it is so i don't want it". The very embodiment of video game bigotry I suppose. There is plenty of potential for TIR in PS2 I would consider it primarily for vehicles, but if they go with infantry experience I wont complain !!!

Good luck Seth.
JumpArtist

Post by JumpArtist »

Ok I read in the PC gamer article that while the tester was sliding sideways on a quad bike he use freelook to look into the turn. Thats good news for TRACK IR support even if its mouse emulation. but at least they have a camera to map it to.

But So does BF3 and we saw how great that worked out.
Seth Steiling

Post by Seth Steiling »

Yeah, I too noticed some surprising resistance. That happens every now and again. TrackIR has always been a device that some people just need to experience first hand in order to "get it." And without that experience, some are just incredulous regarding its usefulness.

PC gamers. We love 'em, but they can be a tricky bunch to please. :)
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
JumpArtist

Post by JumpArtist »

Hey Seth, I saw that you guys will be at GDC. Maybe you can swing on down to the SOE booth and have a heart to heart with Matt Higby. Help him see the (IR) light!!!
Krinje

Post by Krinje »

I'd just like to add my voice to these people; I would love to see PS2 support track IR. Recently a preview showed that their cockpits could be compatible with the system.
Seth Steiling

Post by Seth Steiling »

[quote=Krinje]I'd just like to add my voice to these people; I would love to see PS2 support track IR. Recently a preview showed that their cockpits could be compatible with the system.[/quote]
We're fully on board with the idea, so the best bet (if you'd like to chime in) is to contact SOE directly with your request. If they're open to integrating our device, we're more than happy to provide the tools necessary to do so. Requests from potential customers can be the most compelling way to convince devs. :)
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
thygore

Post by thygore »

Well Im defiantly throwing my Hat in the ring and supporting this. Not a huge fan of planetside but If it helps keep naturalpoint afloat why not? rare to see motion controls that arent useless. Xbox connect, Wii-U im talkin about you...
Seth Steiling

Post by Seth Steiling »

[quote=TikiLord]Well Im defiantly throwing my Hat in the ring and supporting this. Not a huge fan of planetside but If it helps keep naturalpoint afloat why not? rare to see motion controls that arent useless. Xbox connect, Wii-U im talkin about you... [/quote]
:)
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack