any way to use vector in vertical position?

mopheta

any way to use vector in vertical position?

Post by mopheta »

Hello. I have TrackIR + Vector expansion + driver v5.1.200 running in Windows 7 64bits , and I need to know if there is any way to put the Vector attached to my Nvidia 3D Vision glasses in the side, so the vector would be vertical, not horizontal.

I have tried to change the camera position in the driver, but it is not a solution, because what I need to rotate is the vector, not the camera.

The reason is easy, I HATE to wear any kind of hat (I've tried several ones), and I do not use headphones, I do not feel good. The vector design makes me impossible to use it in other way but attached vertical to the Nvidia glasses.
NaturalPoint - Mike

Re: any way to use vector in vertical position?

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

Unfortunately, not really. You could probably rig something with mounting it straight off the side, however the vector engine has to make assumptions about the position of your head based on the position of the clip, and wearing it significantly off center will result in unintended movement around the various axes.
mopheta

Post by mopheta »

It is a shame that Naturalpoint has not designed a "clip" with dots at the same distance (even if the precission is a little worse), just to be able to use normal glasses with reflectors attached easy, not the hat. For me is the main problem of this technlogy. The main reason because I stop my flighs is because I don't feel good with the hat.

I assume it is impossible to make a precission tracking without dots at different distances, otherwise there would be an included option in the driver (I suppose). I have tried without vector, just with only one dot, but the problem is not that then you lose 4 axis (I could live with it), the real problem is the lack of precission (any little movement of the head is undestood like if you were turning the head).
NaturalPoint - Mike

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

The TrackClip Pro is a good alternative to the vector clip, it attaches to a headset or similar over-the-head apperatus. It can be found here:

http://www.naturalpoint.com/trackir/02- ... p-PRO.html