Trackir 4 Repair solution

Robby Clark

Trackir 4 Repair solution

Post by Robby Clark »

Well, my worst fears came true the other day. The neck at the joint above the tripod legs of my Trackir 4 broke off. I found that replacement bases aren't available for the 4 model and no repair facilities for things like this after talking with a very nice person from Natural Point. They were helpful in offering suggestions to repair. I came up with this and thought some may find it helpful if this ever happens. I'm sure there are more professional repairs to the original base. I ended up using some heavy gauge electrical wire from my shop that was laying around. I just used one piece and bent as per the pictures. I used some thinner wire and a little electrical tape to secure the camera to the legs. It ended up working really good, and it is very adjustable due to the heavy gauge wire being bendable yet rather stout. Hope this helps and it was great talking to Mike from Natural Point in person. Here ares some pics.
[img:center]http://bhah.homeip.net:192/Old%20Fokker ... repair.jpg[/img]
[img:center]http://bhah.homeip.net:192/Old%20Fokker ... onitor.jpg[/img]
take care--RC
Gusag76

Re: Trackir 4 Repair solution

Post by Gusag76 »

Just happened to me. But know that I see how you solved it...I'm not that depressed. Thx
Robby Clark

Re: Trackir 4 Repair solution

Post by Robby Clark »

Hey Gus,
I'm glad this helped someone. This is quite simple to fix. You can't see it in the pictures,I just secured the wire stand as posted to the rubber grommet hub for the wiring on the back outside of the camera.. To be safe I just wrapped a little extra electrical tape around this point to prevent any type of pinching or such. It actually is easier to put on the monitor now, no adjustment is needed much since the head is not as easily moved. To adjust you can just adjust the legs or the base back support. Post if you have any problems.
--rclark--