Suspend/Pause

This is the place for comments, criticisms and even the occasional compliment related to the SmartNav drivers and profiler. Also the place to discuss and review support issues.
silas2

Suspend/Pause

Post by silas2 »

I don't know if I'm doing this right, but I want to 'suspend' the smartnav, e.g. while i type something, but I can't see how to do it. The F9 Pause doens't seem to work. I don't know if that's becuase I've misinterpreted the help which says 'Starts/stops cursor movement' which sounds about right, or for some reason the F9 isn't properly set up.
NaturalPoint - Mike

Re: Suspend/Pause

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

It's likely setup. an F9 pause should stop the mouse from responding until it is pressed again. Do you by chance have a keyboard with function keys enabled on it? Many laptop and multimedia/office keyboards have the F-keys reassigned to other duties like undo/spellcheck or play/ffwd/rwd et. cetera. Take a look for an F-lock key.

Alternatively, you can go to the SmartNAV control panel and re-define the pause button to another key by clicking on the button labeled F9, then pressing the button you want to use.
Franck Dernoncourt

Post by Franck Dernoncourt »

As a sidenote, if you are using Dragon NaturallySpeaking (voice recognition software) it is straightforward to define a voice command to suspend the SmartNAV (as way as for re-centering the mouse cursor).
NaturalPoint - Mike

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

SmartNav has a hotkey for pause, so you could always set that and use dragon premier to create a macro for that key "Press Control-F9" or "Pause SmartNav" mapped to the hotkey.
Franck Dernoncourt

Post by Franck Dernoncourt »

I wish the dwell clicking software had also a hotkey for pause :-)