Trackclip Pro is lose.

GunnDawg

Trackclip Pro is lose.

Post by GunnDawg »

Recently on my brand new TrackIR 5 w/ TrackClip Pro I have been having issues. Where the arm comes out of the clip that holds the LED's, is lose and dangling. In the past all I had to do was pop it back in where it comes out. Now it wont pop back in to stiffen up.

What should I do? I cant use it when its just dangling around loosely like that.
GunnDawg

Re: Trackclip Pro is lose.

Post by GunnDawg »

Upon further inspection I can see that a tiny piece of plastic near the mount of what I am talking about has come lose, and probably broke.

This clip is less than 6 months old. Will they offer a replacement? This is quite a disappointment for a product I spent quite a bit of money on.
NaturalPoint - Mike

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

If you have an issue with a broken clip, please email support@naturalpoint.com.
GunnDawg

Post by GunnDawg »

I have sent them a contact forum message. In the mean time is there any way to set it up using the hat clip it came with? I cant figure out how I'd get the LED's onto the hat clip in order to use it that way, in the meantime.
NaturalPoint - Mike

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

You certainly can use the hat clip. Just put the clip on a hat, then click "TrackClip" under basic settings in the TrackIR software. It should turn the 4 red LEDs inside the camera on. The three reflectors on the clip will do the rest!
GunnDawg

Post by GunnDawg »

[quote=NaturalPoint - Mike]You certainly can use the hat clip. Just put the clip on a hat, then click "TrackClip" under basic settings in the TrackIR software. It should turn the 4 red LEDs inside the camera on. The three reflectors on the clip will do the rest! [/quote]

Thank you kindly Mike. I never understood how the hat clip worked but it works quite well! Will deff. be able to continue flying until my replacement clip arrives.

I have emailed them and in less than an hour they responded wanting my order number, address, etc.

Great customer support! :D