mouse emulation problems

Turbo

mouse emulation problems

Post by Turbo »

When I google this I find lots of others asking this question, but no answers.

Currently my mouse emulation works only when the mouse emulator or TrackIR window are currently selected. This means any time I launch ANY application, the mouse emulation stops working.

Now the really odd thing is it was working fine last night when I tried it for the first time and nothing I can think of has changed.

I have tried running all programs as admin (trackir, mouse emulator, and the games) with no change. I have also tried running TrackIR and the emulator in compatibility mode for vista sp2.

I'm running Windows 7 64 Ultimate.

Please help me get this working again. It was great last night!
NaturalPoint - Mike

Re: mouse emulation problems

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

Which game are you attempting to use it with?
Turbo

Post by Turbo »

Any game, it doesn't matter because the mouse emulation works ONLY if the trackir or mouse emulator window is selected.

I've tried it with COD-WAW, Living Legends, and one or two others.... but it doesn't matter.

Right now it is running. If I click on the trackIR window or the mouse emulator window my mouse cursor moves with my head.

As soon as I click on this window (so I can type) the mouse stops moving with my head. This is true of ANY window, application, or even the desktop. The mouse ONLY moves when one of the trackIR windows is the currently active window.

It worked great the first time I tried it in COD, the next day this behavior started.
taxelrod

Post by taxelrod »

I'm having the same issue. I need the mouse emulator to stay connected to the mouse until I kill it. I note, by the way, that although the emulator ceases to move the mouse pointer once another window is selected, the x/y display in the mouse emulator window shows it is still functioning.

I'm on W7 professional
dewey-1

Post by dewey-1 »

Read this posting to see my same concerns!

http://forum.naturalpoint.com/forum/ubb ... #Post48406
NaturalPoint - Mike

If you have specific concerns about the functionality of mouse emulation in TrackIR, we can look at that during our next pass at the product line.
Turbo

Post by Turbo »

Of course we have concerns, it's not usable!!!
wobbi

Post by wobbi »

All Programs
TrackIR
Mouse Eumulator

Error message is: Unable to initialize TrackIR

what gives? any help here?
NaturalPoint - Mike

Do you have TrackIR running when you start the Mouse emulator?
cimmer99

Post by cimmer99 »

So I'm running into this problem as well. My understanding is that even though mouse emulation won't work on the desktop (unless the Mouse Emulator window is active), it should be working in DirectX games.

I'm running Windows 7 64 bit and trying to get this working in Planetside 2, which has a mouse freelook button while flying aircraft. No go. Furthermore, mouse emulation won't work in any of my Direct X games on this system.

So my question is this, what is the expected behavior? Does the PS2 dev team have to code something to map TrackIR mouse emulation within the game (thus defeating the purpose of mouse emulation?), or is this bugged for Windows 7 64 bit?