[SOLVED]Lagging/stutter with version 4 software?

ottonie

[SOLVED]Lagging/stutter with version 4 software?

Post by ottonie »

Hi.

I tried the older version 4 software today and found that it somehow knows better how to get rid of little jerking movement when holding head still than the newer v5.

However I found also that there's something wrong with it. I get disturbing jerking/lagging, especially visible when "yawing" from left to right or vice versa. The view doesn't turn smoothly but jerks just enough to make it disturbing. I know my sim isn't lagging since if I turn off TIR and turn the view with e.g. the mouse it turns smoothly.
If I open the software I can see that the "status" in the bottom left is blinking rapidly between "tracking" and "no data", as if it wouldn't be getting constant tracking-data flow from the camera. I've tried to run the software as admin and at various different compatibility modes.

I've got Win7 64bit and FSX.

I would really like if I could get the v4 software working. Somewho (placebo? :D) I find it just working better than the newer, perhaps TIR5-optimized v5 software. I also get frequent crashing and general not-working with the TIR5 for reasons unknown.

EDIT

Solved the issue by enabling the light filtering and lowering the value to approx 100. Now works quite smooth. Can't wait for the first test flight ;)
NaturalPoint - Mike

Re: [SOLVED]Lagging/stutter with version 4 software?

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

Glad to hear it's working well for you! Light filtering can help quite a bit in many situations, as it will eliminate extraneous light sources or reflections causing some tracking issues.